Mystic Seaport Tour this weekend

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Mystic Seaport Tour this weekend
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Young in Mays Landing, NJ on Tuesday, September 20, 2016 - 08:04 pm:

Any of you guys going on the Mystic Seaport Tour this Thursday thru Sunday? Cathy and I are, along with Scott and May. They always put together a fantastic event followed by the car show in the Seaport on Sunday. This will be our 5th time participating.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Tuesday, September 20, 2016 - 08:24 pm:

Would love to but 200+ miles one way is just a no-go these days. Enjoy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Tuesday, September 20, 2016 - 09:02 pm:

Is there any Mystic pizza involved?

Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Young in Mays Landing, NJ on Tuesday, September 20, 2016 - 09:23 pm:

Even better... The fish fry at the Hoxie Firehouse at the end of the third day of touring. Not being a hub tour, it's great to see all of these vehicles loaded down with luggage as we hit all of the various stops along the way. Usually, thirty cars are involved, all pre 1931. We had two early-teens Overlands, a 1917 Rolls, a '27 Cadilac, Willy's Knight (sleeve valve), lots of model T's and others. It's quite the rolling car show. At the Seaport, most of the vehicles drive around and give rides to the public within the confines of the village. Period clothing is encouraged.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Tuesday, September 20, 2016 - 09:24 pm:

hey Dave, Cathy, Scott & May..... have a great time and please post some pictures of your experience so that we may enjoy !!!! Again, regrets on our unavailability to join. Have fun !!!!!

Bob J.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Young in Mays Landing, NJ on Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 06:56 am:

Thanks Bob. When are you gonna trade that VW for an F150?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 12:11 pm:

I didn't know they did that at the Seaport!!

I will be in Rosemount IL giving a Class on Sunday other wise I would go.

My wife took my granddaughters to Mystic this summer to see Great Granddad's TOY.

Many years ago, my grandfather was friends with "Colonel" Green and my dad (the girl's great grandfather) access his estate at Round Hill.
"Colonel" Green had the Charles W Morgan at his dock and my dad played on the ship.
Dad and my grandfather would talk about visiting with "Colonel" Green and the things my dad did at Round Hill.
He used to like riding his bicycle around the estate and crawled all over the ship - including the "smelly" part in the bilge.

It would be fantastic to take my dad's Model T to the seaport tour.
I will have to add it to my bucket list!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Young in Mays Landing, NJ on Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 10:07 pm:

This event has been going on for over 20 years now and it's always in late September. The Tour usually covers about 250 miles and spans 3 days. Contact them and get yourself onto the list for next year. It's always a lot of fun and the array of vehicles it attracts is amazing, including steamers and high wheelers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 11:15 pm:

Dick Wren always drove his 14 touring in this event. He passed last year well into his 90s. His daughter now his car in Dallas. Dick's life as an engineer with Pratt and Whitney and later at Electric Boat is a fascinating story of design and invention. I am sure he will missed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Young in Mays Landing, NJ on Thursday, September 29, 2016 - 09:55 pm:

The Mystic Seaport 3 day tour was blessed with perfect weather and Sunday, the show day, attracted record crowds. We had a fantastic time. Anybody who can should try do this event next September.
1 2

3 4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JohnCodman on Friday, September 30, 2016 - 06:03 pm:

Would have to loved to go, but trying to get our house ready for sale does not allow time for that right now.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration