Question about 1915 Runabout top

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Question about 1915 Runabout top
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob on Texas Gulf Coast on Tuesday, September 20, 2016 - 08:59 pm:

What is the purpose of this ring and strap on 1915 Runabout? Runs from Top iron rear to inside of rear top bow. No matter what I did I could not get picture to remain upright.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Tuesday, September 20, 2016 - 09:14 pm:

The strap keeps the rear panel from coming loose or tearing.

15 top.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, September 20, 2016 - 09:14 pm:

pic

Isn't it meant to take the tension of the top when it is raised, so that the rear curtain doesn't take all the tension?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Tuesday, September 20, 2016 - 09:14 pm:

The strap keeps the rear panel from coming loose or tearing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Tuesday, September 20, 2016 - 09:15 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob on Texas Gulf Coast on Tuesday, September 20, 2016 - 09:31 pm:

Thanks all. That is the only conclusion I could come to. Just needed to hear from someone smarter than me. And thanks for turning picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, September 20, 2016 - 10:28 pm:

For the purist, that's a bad example.

The bracket/arm should be vertical, not at an angle as shown. The body iron is either bent or installed incorrectly.

The rear curtain straps should be cotton webbing, not leather, with an iron "D" ring.

Should be a metal trim piece on the bottom of the rear curtain - not a continuation of the upholstery tacks and leatherette trim.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration