What are these leather pieces for ???

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: What are these leather pieces for ???
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Tuesday, September 20, 2016 - 10:27 pm:

I acquired some old leftover gasket sets. These leather strips were in with the leftover gaskets. I do not have a clue what they could be for. I thought maybe some kind of accy. gasket for the hogs head to block area that normally uses the felt gasket strip. They are about the right size, but I have never heard of using leather in that area. These are about 1/4 inch thick X 3/4 inch wide and various lengths. They may just be leftover, waste, cutoffs, from something ????? But I really have no clue... The brown color on the second one from top is an oil stain to the leather ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 12:14 am:

My old girlfriend had some pieces of leather similar to those. We use to use them to play "Tie the Bad Slave Boy Up". It was a sort of game where... Well maybe I better stop here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 10:58 am:

Fan Belts ?

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 01:54 pm:

Any kind of info on the box or package they were in if they were in one? Maybe somebody had a collection of T gaskets and some this and that and put them in a T engine gasket set box to store them in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 06:19 pm:

John, there was nothing on the box as to what gaskets were in the set. I agree they may have just been put there to store them. But I have never seen anything like them before. Rick, They are too narrow for fan belts. Michael, Im not even going to go there :-) :-) The stitching appears to have been stitched to near the end and then "back stitched" on both ends of the two longer pieces, so I do not believe the long ones are "cut offs". The two short ones appear cut off on one end.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Azevedo on Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 06:35 pm:

Door straps????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 07:01 pm:

Donnie, if nothing else, they could come in handy getting an aluminium hood to sit correctly so it fits better. I had to resort to making something similar to get my Chocolate van hood to sit properly on the former.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 08:57 pm:

They look like they are straps that go on bottom side of early hood.They fit in a crimped ledge and pad against radiator/fire wall /hood former.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 09:42 pm:

Jack, You may be right. I think I have seen something like that on early hoods. Ill need to see if I have a early hood in my stash to look at. Thanks ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By don ellis on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 10:21 pm:

not for the hood ,too thick. the leather on the hood is thin and not sewn.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration