OT- I spent yesterday with a lucky friend

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT- I spent yesterday with a lucky friend
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 06:46 am:

My friend John called me and another friend and invited us to pizza and beer. He also asked us to bring gloves and a trailer.

His brother had called him the night before saying a customer wanted this out of his yard. My son posed next to it. Yes, there was a globe on it too.

This thing is tall.

When we got it home, John asked if we could put it at the back of his house, all downhill.

John's wife arrived home right about the time we were unloading and she didn't really believe this was a birthday present for my wife.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 07:31 am:

I have a friend who manages to get those kind of offers. Things just fall in his lap. Either free or unbelievably low cost. I'm seldom so lucky.

People who know my wife WOULD believe that was her birthday present.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 08:55 am:

Same here Hal, same here! :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 09:33 am:

No jealousy here, just glad it's being preserved by someone who will appreciate it.

The sad cases are when they sit outside and rust away and the owner is perfectly content to allow it to happen under their supervision.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 09:56 am:

I have two of them, and they are really heavy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 10:43 am:

Yep, lots of cast iron in those things.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 12:16 pm:

Which is precisely while all of us old guys depended heavily on the kid for the lifting. He's the only one not complaining about his shoulders today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 08:47 pm:

Hey Larry, ol buddy, ol pal, ol sock!! I'll gladly take one off your hands!! :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration