Old Photo - Model T Era - Fishing With Dupont Spinners :-)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Model T Era - Fishing With Dupont Spinners :-)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 11:29 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 11:26 pm:

Now we know why today's limit is 5!!!

Some good 'eatin' hanging there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 11:11 am:

I'm guessing that Dupont spinners are the same as what we call up here CIL hooks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 11:24 am:

Fishing Rods?.....We don't need no stinking fishing rods!!!
Here's the box "Dupont Spinners" come in. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 01:26 pm:

Anyone notice how comfortable the man in bibs looks? Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 01:54 pm:

That boat and trailer would have sure been nice taggin' along behind my T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Hagerty on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 10:34 pm:

Ken, or anyone...
I have known of the Dupont Spinners, what does CIL hooks mean? Never heard that one!
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Friday, September 23, 2016 - 12:40 am:

Over here we called them "Ministry of Works Minnows", I've seen them used once.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, September 23, 2016 - 12:55 am:

No i sure don't know but i remember seeing/hearing the Dupont Warbler's being used!! I haven't had any dynamite around since 1992! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Hagerty on Friday, September 23, 2016 - 12:59 am:

No dynamite...? That's probably a good thing...!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, September 23, 2016 - 01:31 am:

How was the fishing trip, Dear?
Oh, we had a bang up good time!
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Friday, September 23, 2016 - 04:48 pm:

As a young lad I went to an auction with my dad. It was a large farm auction with lots of buildings and sheds. Wondering through one I saw a couple dingy, aged boxes with what I first thought were railroad flares. Looking closer I saw some of the sticks were damp and sticky. Some where I had read about dynamite and the danger of it leaking. No one else was paying any attention so I told my dad, he told the auctioneer and we shortly left. This would have been in the early 50s. Never heard anything further so I guess it was taken care of.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, September 23, 2016 - 05:17 pm:

I sold a small pole barn at my farm sale and the fellow tearing it down came to me all scared and said there were 2 cases of jucy dynamite in the loft!! He would not handle it so i threw it stick by stick in the field and ran over it with the big dozer! After i got equipment there was no need of dynamite! I used to enjoy using dynamite because it was a job you did right or leave it alone! Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lonnie Doan S. E. Illinois on Friday, September 23, 2016 - 06:25 pm:

A friend or mine,as a younger lad,needed a faster easier way to fish.He heard that shocking fish up was the way to go.After a couple of failed tries,he found another friend that was using a small crank generator,yeah that's the ticket.So he found his grandma's crank phone in the basement and proceeded to smash it to bits taking the gen set out of it.His grandma was p.o.ed for a really long time.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration