"What is it" - round three!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: "What is it" - round three!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim on Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 01:28 pm:

There is a new "What's it" on the website, check it out. Answers to the previous two are also posted.

http://www.tfoye.com/whatsit.html

Don't forget to enter the contest for the free giveaway too!

http://www.tfoye.com/GiveAway.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 02:35 pm:

Anti-shimmy springs for front perches.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Azevedo on Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 04:05 pm:

I believe these are anti-shimmy springs for the tie rod ends and not the perches.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 04:14 pm:

Anti rattle springs can be used for the brake rods and tie rod ends both.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 07:25 pm:

Richard #2 is correct they are aftermarket anti rattle springs for the tie rods. I had them on my car. Took them off when I rebuilt the F/E, they wear grooves in the spindles. Bandaid fix

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 07:46 pm:

Band aid is correct but they look cool. I bought a box of them not long ago and put 2 of them on my 11. Nothing wrong with my front end but I like the look. Work good on brake rods to stop rattles. I guess it's all in what you like. Mine came in the original box that was shot but it did say they could be used both ways. They had never been used. Must have been 10 or 12 sets in there. Another drawer filled up. My wife's correct. I'm loosing it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration