Here is something for those that can not got to Hershey

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Here is something for those that can not got to Hershey
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 06:40 pm:

It is getting close to Hershey Time. Here is a sound that anyone that goes to Hershey will know. If you hear it run!!!
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=sound+of+cans+on+concrete&&view=detail&mid= FFDB05388409866CE419FFDB05388409866CE419&rvsmid=FFDB05388409866CE419FFDB05388409 866CE419&fsscr=0&FORM=VDMCNL
Hope to see you all there. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 06:53 pm:

Too funny!

I thought it would be that same loudspeaker announcer voice that we have been hearing for the last 30 years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Hagerty on Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 07:12 pm:

I have been to Hershey only once! Too many years ago to count. What is the story with the tin cans? I don't recall hearing such.
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 07:58 pm:

The golf carts and scooters have tin cans tied to them to keep them from sneaking up on people that are paying more attention to the parts deals than on where they're walking. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Fuller on Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 08:10 pm:

Thanks Dan.

I feel like I hear that sound in my sleep for a week after I get home from Hershey!

I'm looking forward to another year. I have been counting down the days for this year's Hershey meet since I got home from last year's!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 08:34 pm:

Dan B. You mean this. "Please move your vehicle or it will be toad." I have heard that guy for what fells like 25 years. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Hagerty on Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 09:37 pm:

Thank you Mark, That makes good sense!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 09:38 pm:

My favorite announcement was at Iola several years ago: "So-and-so, please go to what's left of your car."

Hershey is the only place I've been where entrepreneurs set themselves up in front of the portable toilets as restroom attendants ("This one, sir!") This must be an eastern thing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 09:58 am:

I miss Hershey. I was blessed to be able to attend for five or six years and I have cherished memories. Don't know if I will ever be able to return.
To any of you who have never gone: If you ever have the chance to go, GO!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 04:11 pm:

Steve: If you had been at Hershey before the attendants, you would gladly give them $10.00 each time you use one of the portables now. In the Old days, by Thursday those all were in bad shape! I think the toilet company sends the attendants out and they work mostly for tips. Dan.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration