Very early Model T hubs are these pre T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Very early Model T hubs are these pre T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 11:22 pm:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MODEL-T-FORD-EARLY-HUB-ASSEMBLY-SPINDLE-axle-driveline-I nfo-needed-/302082049666?hash=item46557e4682:g:S0cAAOSw4shX4rst&vxp=mtr

Sorry I could not resist .. :-) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 11:28 pm:

Definitely pre-T :^)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 11:49 pm:

Those are skeins, the cast spindles on the ends of the wood axle of a horse drawn vehicle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 01:40 am:

Thanks Eric, I was just about to buy them for my 1909!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 03:47 am:

Kim, :-). Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 10:26 am:

My 1890's Austin horse-drawn road grader uses something real similar on the front wheels - just larger.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 10:37 am:

Like Eric said, they're skeins for a heavy draft horse grain/farm wagon axles. It would be the 8th wonder of the world Kim if you'd ever get them to fit on your 09'. Basically those are scrap iron if you don't have the boxings (wheels) to fit that exact hub, same with buggy wheels !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 12:56 pm:

Steve I have one of those Austin road graders.
Does yours have a brass plate on your's?
Mine is missing a front wheel and bearing like is described in the start of the thread, but I would doubt that those would fit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 01:16 pm:

I've not found a brass Manufacturer's plate - it has "Austin Mfg." cast into the main frame.

A friend of mine is a "chainsaw artist" and whittled me a new pair of wooden axles custom fit to my skeins - need to do some front end work though since we moved it to our new digs !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 03:33 pm:

I thought maybe pre teen as in N R S or A B C maybe even K (sorry Ron) but now I think they are Pre Quadracycle. Probably were from the very rare and elusive prototype Henry could have made when he still lived at home on the family farm, before moving to the city. :-) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tt newbee Thomas R. Hicks Central Va. on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 03:46 pm:

They are from either a 12 lb. Napoleon or 12 lb. Howitzer so early to mid - 1800's.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration