OT MACS are you kidding me talk about a gotcha

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT MACS are you kidding me talk about a gotcha
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 12:01 am:

There are no companies left in America capable of getting it right.

The other day I described how an automotive dealership wrecked the engine in my sons car and they refuse to accept responsibility.

At the same time I read a thread about how disappointed some of the Model T owners were with Macs antique auto parts. In that thread I said something about how Macs had done a great job for me.

In the thread about my sons car I went into a lengthy description detailing how product, service and timely delivery are very important for consumers.

Today I ordered a part for my touring car from Macs and had them expedite the shipping (at $3.95 extra) to Elizabeth at Class-It-Up in Ham Lake, Minnesota. So, using their infinite wisdom, Macs sent it to the same street address only in a town over 75 miles away. They sent it to Andover, Minnesota and I have a feeling my order is going to be hanging in limbo somewhere in the time continuum in outer space where screw-ups like this go.

God save us from the incompetence that is Americas businesses.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 12:13 am:

Garrison ~

You have this all wrong ! :-)

Quite a few folks posted on your thread about the kid's car that America has never built better cars
than today, and it is just a matter of time now for them to tell us all how American business has never
been better, never more responsive, never more customer oriented !

Yeah .....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 12:24 am:

You should be a speech writer for Ol'Bama! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 12:26 am:

Good thing it wasn't a pacemaker battery you were placing an expedited order for! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 12:56 am:

I'd rather eat my own stool than have anything to do with that assclown.

But thanks for thinking of me. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 07:34 am:

Awe, yeah! Alrighty then!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 08:26 am:

To be fair to Macs Antique Auto Parts, I just called them and discussed the situation with a very polite and businesslike person named Debbie. She contacted Fedex and told them to change the shipping address from Andover, MN to Ham Lake, MN. She assured me the correction had been made and gave me a reference number.

As I said, she was polite and very businesslike. I'm hoping for the best.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Barchock Plymouth, Mi on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 08:46 am:

So let me get this straight.

Instead of calling them first to have them make it right. You came here first to bitch?

I mean poop happens, people make mistakes. An address screw up is far from a total failure as a company.

Something is wrong here and maybe it involves personal responsibility...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Whaley, Caledon Ontario Canada on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 08:51 am:

Lol - go ahead and phone to try and straighten it out - see how far that gets you. Been there done that several times only to be met with a snotty attitude on the other end of the phone telling me that they will do it when they are good and ready. I've since moved on to vendors that care about their customers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Whaley, Caledon Ontario Canada on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 08:52 am:

Didn't see Mikes post about calling them. Maybe I need to ask for Debbie.....:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 09:15 am:

Not sure why the gripe in the first place, as SO many posts on the other thread (and several others in the recent past) going on and on about how poor Macs customer service is, yet some folks still choose to order parts from them, knowing full well the experiences others have had, and then come here to rant after they get poor service (?) Whatever.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 09:20 am:

Sometimes when you beg for it you get it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 10:10 am:

Burger ,thanks for the good laugh bud. I feel the same way about that clown.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 10:21 am:

Ditto Mack!
"The Devil hath power
To assume a pleasing shape."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard L Grzegorowicz on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 10:35 am:

all I've got to say about DAT is DIS, when your dealing with a CONFUZER all it takes is a slip of the finer Figner fginre? oh send it itl get there HOO RAY for Lang's!I now have the right to say what I want I'm now 12 years younger than my 21 Ford. have a super day every one..Greg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 10:37 am:

Why did I waste my time reading this thread?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tt newbee Thomas R. Hicks Central Va. on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 11:25 am:

I complain too. I had difficulty getting finding a tire store to change the tires on TT. But I should have asked here first and gotten direction. Ignorance on my part, a newbie screwed up.

I had difficulty finding a shop that would rebuild TT's carb. That was before Labor Day, I still don't have it back, again ignorance on my part, I should have asked here first. My screw up. if one is going to mess with T's they need to seek information from those who know.

In my defense, I didn't know what I didn't know and I didn't want to bother the forum with what I considered basic questions.

I hope that my posts on my problems are not viewed as complaining, but seen as someone who has screwed up and realizes they are learning and hopefully that information can help others.

Now if I had been told on the forum about something not to do, and I did it, and then came back and complained about the result, how would that make me look?

There are many in the Model T hobby who are in the older generation, they have the time to work on their cars, and an appreciation for them.

Some older people have a reputation for being cranky and curmudgeonly, sometimes for good reason. They complain about how things are compared to how they used to look through their rose colored glasses.

So I guess it would not be surprising to find some posters on this forum who just like to complain and hope to find others to commiserate with them here.

If your car keeps you younger, that is a good thing. If someone is just are a complainer looking for something to complain about and wants a pity party, maybe another forum would be more appropriate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 11:59 am:

Please take no offence, but when I hear people complaining about Mac's service, this quote always comes to mind: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 12:00 pm:

At least you got to talk with someone at Mac's.
They still haven't returned my phone call.

One of the good things about a forum such as this is to tell folks about poor service.

One or two complaints might not be enough to drive me away from a particular vendor.
Also there are times a vendor goes thru a bit of a problem, fixes it, and deserves a second chance.
Then sooner or later every vendor has a problem but how they respond and fix it tells us about how good they really are.

One could hope that Mac's fixed their problems.
But it seems that it is business as usual for them on the T side of things.

It is BUYER BEWARE!
I learned my lesson!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 12:16 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kirk on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 12:32 pm:

For the opposite of Mac's check this.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/677207.html?1474388474

Update Lang's called Monday I got the tube yesterday and it was back together last night

Mac's can learn from Lang's

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 12:38 pm:

Mrs. Waite is in charge of our complaint department. If you have a problem just go to Helen Waite.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil Mino, near Porterville on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 01:42 pm:

I tried them many, many years ago in response to receiving a rather nice catalog.

When Mac's may expect a second order from me...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 05:41 pm:

You need to quit bitching about the dealership, get a lawyer and hold their feet to the fire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 07:02 pm:

Different thread Ted :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 11:35 pm:

I kind of agree with you tt but if it's T stuff you want to howl about this is probably the best place for it. We even commiserate with folks who make mistakes. Whether they admit it or not.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, September 23, 2016 - 10:03 am:

Yesterday, just for the heck of it, I noticed an ad on ebay for new headlight focusing screws from Mac's. So I emailed them and inquired if the screws had the proper cotter pin hole. They replied that they did not. There you go, and they wonder why we have problems with reproductions!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration