International tour in Australia - last minute preparations

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: International tour in Australia - last minute preparations
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Brand on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 06:15 am:

Well, despite my best intentions, other things got in the way and my preparations started way later than I'd hoped. With a bit of movement in the rear wheels, I decided to check the bearings and sleeves a few days ago. Of course what seems a straightforward job got complicated and fought me every step of the way. Luckily a couple of buddies with far more experience than me listened to my stories, validated my struggles, and provided helpful advice and encouragement. I'm pleased to say to say I'm now mobile again. A few small adjustments and maintenance tomorrow, then maybe even back to polishing some brass before loading up to leave for the tour on Saturday morning.

Anybody else want to tell us about their last minute rush?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy Traralgon Australia on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 08:46 am:

Not much getting done on my car but heaps happening finalising all the details of the event. did manage to get a new windscreen in and the frames painted. also polished the brass.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 11:36 am:

Have a great time, guys

Andrew
you are a braver man than I. Buy some jackstands! Best wishes for a safe tour.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Brand on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 05:04 pm:

Thanks Scott.

There are jack stands under it but they're camouflaged! They are orange and under the rear radius rods - can't put them under the rear axle because of the stabilizer bar under the diff.

I wouldn't leave it sitting on unstable jacks.

Andrew

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JohnCodman on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 06:09 pm:

Wish I were there...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 10:12 pm:

Already delivered one T first thing today for the USA visitors to use, back home to reload, no time for that brass polishing!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Bumgarner on Friday, September 23, 2016 - 05:18 am:

Looking forward to driving Frank's 26 Touring this week. Went out to Lardner Park this evening and saw many Model T's already here for the tour.
Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Bumgarner on Saturday, September 24, 2016 - 05:37 pm:

Frank's car did great on the first day tour yesterday. Really ran great. Hills were no worries.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 02:31 am:

All done and dusted, a week long tour over, a wet week on and off but all went well for most.
One broken crank, a gear box self destruct and a T hit by a 4x4, no one hurt, and a buffalo wheel failed to hang together just in the last yards of the end of the rally.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 03:02 am:

Not bad. Not bad at all. Congratulations to all who participated! And special thank yous to those that made it all possible. Major events like this are a lot of work and planning to put together. Even those of us who cannot make it, get pleasure from seeing the pictures and hearing the details of a wonderful time had by all!
As long as nobody is seriously hurt, the broken crankshafts, collapsed wire wheels, and other assorted breakdowns are part of the adventure, and shall be part of the bragging rights on the next big meet. Collisions, not good, but again, as long as no one is seriously hurt, we can all move on to another wonderful time again soon!
Thank you all!
Do drive carefully, and enjoy always! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 05:13 pm:

Pictures please

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 05:55 pm:

Interesting that many large tours include one modern car accident nowadays. Sign of the times??
Frank, hope you get some pics to post!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 07:06 pm:

The T that was hit.

The venue had this huge shed for the night parking, I think about 120 T's on the rally, someone may correct me if I'm out on that Number

This camper caught my interest.

This was of interest to every one, a cut down engine that was slowly run through it's cycles by an electric motor, sparking and all!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration