OT -- Really nice country song to listen to while you read the message board

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT -- Really nice country song to listen to while you read the message board
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 08:23 pm:

I don't usually post OT items - but this is one of the best country song videos I've heard and seen in a long time. Called "Forever Country."

And for me it just brings back a lot of good memories. Some of which are of family, friends, old cars, grandma's farm, God, church, Model Ts and you guys.

One of the lines is "I hope life treats you kind and you have all you dreamed of." I wish that for each of you.

See: http://www.country105.com/2016/09/20/the-video-of-the-year-forever-country/ click on the arrow after the commercial.

And if you want to know who sings what that is listed at: http://www.country105.com/syn/111/48182/lyrics-to-forever-country-see-who-sings- what-part-of-the-song

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 09:30 pm:

OMG Hap, that video was just the best ever. Been country since I could crawl up the the floor model radio. Thought I seen a glimpse of Randy Travis. We had breakfast together at the Fiddler's Inn in Nashville, his stage name then was Randy Ray, just a down home good ol' boy. Ask him for his autograph and he laughed'n said "why the hell do you want my autograph, I said with a voice like that your going to the top (well guess what). Thanks for sharing Hap, it sure did bring back alotta good memories.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kohnke Rebabbitting, Clare, Iowa on Friday, September 23, 2016 - 12:43 am:

Excellent Hap.

Herm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kohnke Rebabbitting, Clare, Iowa on Friday, September 23, 2016 - 02:05 am:

Banjo I just got back from a builder after 8 years. This is the first one I had when I started the band in 1977, and ran to 1988. This is a 1915 Beacon FFF Professional.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Friday, September 23, 2016 - 02:15 am:

See? Now that's what I'm talking about. Hap, thanks so much. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kohnke Rebabbitting, Clare, Iowa on Friday, September 23, 2016 - 02:56 am:

More.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Tillstrom 30 miles N of Memphis TN on Friday, September 23, 2016 - 05:38 am:

That's not really a banjo, more like a work of art! That is beautiful Herm. There is a guy near me that builds them and turns out really nice stuff but nothing like that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Friday, September 23, 2016 - 07:31 am:

Just the purdiest tenor banjo I ever laid eyes on

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jesse L. Ashcraft on Friday, September 23, 2016 - 09:54 am:

The best soundtrack John Williams ever composed was for a movie based on Faulkner's Pulitzer prize winning novel, "The Reivers" about a stolen Winton Flyer and the protagonist's crush on a prostitute. Simply the best use of a banjo with orchestra ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mE_BHNIq9c

quote:

The story offers some fascinating depictions of the first automobiles in American society; how they were obtained, how they were cared for, how they were regarded by their new owners. The Priests make their living from transportation and logistics (they run a livery stable), and grandfather and grandson both sense that this new invention will have a powerful effect on their lives.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Reivers

Available on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOhhJJKoyOs

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Friday, September 23, 2016 - 10:24 am:

The best song I have ever heard! Thank you Hap!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Luke----central TX. on Friday, September 23, 2016 - 10:34 am:

Thoroughly enjoyed that. Thank you hap. I love listening to those old country albums.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Friday, September 23, 2016 - 12:45 pm:

Wow that was so great!! I really like to see the many different people singing together.

Sure did miss a little from George Jones but I guess that'd been sort of hard.

Thanks for posting, Was Uncle Stan there in the background of the one clip? Hee hee

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Friday, September 23, 2016 - 02:25 pm:

The banjo is beautiful all right but it's not a tenor. It's a 5-string, or "bluegrass" banjo. A tenor has 4 strings, a shorter neck, and larger drum.

Gorgeous!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD, Pierre, SD on Friday, September 23, 2016 - 02:25 pm:

Thanks for the video, Hap. Teresa wonders why, as an "east-river boy" I like country so much and she as a "west river girl" has been more Rock-N-Roll.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, September 23, 2016 - 03:55 pm:

A Denver song sung by a cast of thousands. Here's some pretty good banjo from a smaller group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFbWkL818XQ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Friday, September 23, 2016 - 04:00 pm:

Noel, did I ever send you a copy of my last CD, since Gene brought it up? I remember telling you I was going to but I don't remember if I ever did. It is "Turn Me Loose and Let Me Sing." The one before that was "Bunkhouse and Honkytonk." The one before that ..... I barely remember that one. It was almost 20 years between the last two. I'm still working on getting all the art work and production done (see "carburetors for sale" in the classifieds) but every picture of me looks just like me instead of what I remember looking like a few years back. I need whoever did the photoshop in that video.

R V, I noticed that too but wasn't about to bring it up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Friday, September 23, 2016 - 07:52 pm:

Herm -- that is a beautiful banjo!

Steve -- thanks for the link -- what a talented group of brothers.

All -- glad you enjoyed the song.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Friday, September 23, 2016 - 09:58 pm:

Hap. That is awesome. The best ever. You can't beat country music. Been doing it for over 65 years but nothing like this. Love it. Thanks for sharing. Glen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, September 24, 2016 - 09:49 am:

Herm -- That banjo is an amazing piece of craftsmanship. But I bet it still sounds like a banjo.....

(Sorry, I couldn't pass up an opportunity for a banjo joke.) :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration