OT - Any Steam people in the SE Michigan Area?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT - Any Steam people in the SE Michigan Area?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Fedullo, Milford MI on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 09:11 pm:

I recently purchased a 1923 Stanley 740 5 passenger touring. I have been reading everything I can about it and think I have a reasonable handle on how it works, but everywhere I look I find another valve.

Reading and watching videos is a lot different than having actually done something, and the first time I fire it I would like to have someone that has done it before with me. I am in Milford MI, 48380 and if you have first hand experience with a condensing Stanley and you are willing to help out, please drop me a PM.

Thanks!
-Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 11:00 pm:

Joe,
Borrow a copy of Story of a Stanley Steamer by George Woodbury. In the back of the book is a reprint of the instruction manual that came with the Stanleys.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, September 23, 2016 - 12:08 am:

Ah Joe,
It has been said that no two Stanleys were plumbed alike! Make a drawing of yours and then you can think it through, as no matter how differently they were plumbed, the systems pretty much all worked alike. Wish I were closer (I'm in N. California), I'd love to help you out, and the Woodbury book is good reading too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, September 23, 2016 - 09:05 am:

Some good stuff in here:

http://www.stanleymotorcarriage.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, September 23, 2016 - 09:09 am:

Joe, one of the members of one of the couple of local clubs I belong to has a Stanley Steamer. I've seen him fire it up, & ridden in it. It's a lot of work, but a lot of fun! I'll try to connect him up with you! Tim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration