Changing the motor in a Beach Wagon

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Changing the motor in a Beach Wagon
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, September 23, 2016 - 06:39 pm:

https://youtu.be/UzlN4a3hLSQ

Sorry about the test thing.
I needed to figure out how to make the link work.

This is my son and I changing the motor in the 19 hack.
I wish I was as that fast in real life.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Saturday, September 24, 2016 - 12:04 pm:

Fred, that was a wonderful video. How long did it take you and your son to actually do the switch out?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, September 24, 2016 - 06:46 pm:

When I put it on the big screen I noticed that my son did a rewind for part of it.

I think it took four days - maybe 5-6 hours a day with many breaks and discussions about what to do next.
My son did a little by himself and I finished putting the radiator etc in alone.

Now that we know what to do I figure we can do it in one weekend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Sunday, September 25, 2016 - 10:32 pm:

I generally find that it is not necessary to remove the steering column. I remove the starter, pull the motor forward and then lift the engine nose until the engine is almost vertical. It is then possible to snake the motor and pedals around the firewall and steering column. It saves a couple of hours taking it out and replacing.
You do have to drain the oil first.....

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration