Stromberg OF

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Stromberg OF
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Friday, September 23, 2016 - 08:30 pm:

Just sent my OF off to Stan the man. Tell me it's worth running one. Going to put it on my 11 open runabout till the speedsters done. Anyone running one can tell me the results?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, September 23, 2016 - 08:53 pm:

Ive run them off and on over the years. They are good runners and put pep into your step.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Friday, September 23, 2016 - 09:51 pm:

I was disappointed in the performance of the OF compared to my homemade Straight Through NH.

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Friday, September 23, 2016 - 10:50 pm:

I replaced the one I have ran for the past Year will be for sale at Hershey. Went back to an NH.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Saturday, September 24, 2016 - 08:46 am:

Bob, can you post more info on your homemade Straight Through NH??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Saturday, September 24, 2016 - 12:32 pm:

John,

Check these links out.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/80257/100660.html?1249417571

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/155068.html?1281832880

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/80257/97341.html?1246901705

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/80257/114881.html?1258849669

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Saturday, September 24, 2016 - 12:56 pm:

I have a Stromberg OF (fresh rebuild by Stan) and took it off my 1915 which is hand crank only.

Was a little hard to start (which is why I took it off) but ran great.

Admittedly I am "Stromberg Stupid" so I honestly believe I never really had it "dialed in". Today it sets on the work bench.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Saturday, September 24, 2016 - 01:31 pm:

John,

Same - Same - Me ... Exactly

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John L Williams on Saturday, September 24, 2016 - 02:50 pm:

Hi From Iowa: I have run an OF that was rebuilt by SH and LOVE it. It starts fine and is deff better than NH I replaced! Personally I would not go back unless it was for originality!!! Stan - Keep Up the Good Work! I am glad some of you folks don't like them as well many of us do or I could not find any myself!!! Thanks for Listening - John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Saturday, September 24, 2016 - 03:23 pm:

Good advise. Thanks all. You guys are the best.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Compton on Saturday, September 24, 2016 - 03:45 pm:

Attention : All you guys that are unhappy with your Stromberg OFs, bring them by my spot at Hershey if you want to sell them. I've been rebuilding carbs for years (T,A,V8,and 4V Holleys), and have never found an NH that will run as smooth as an "OF". I believe that they might be a little restricted if used on an overhead or highly modified "T" setup, but on anything stock they simply can't be topped. I've done several "OFs" and they all can be set to idle so smooth that the fan appears to be turning slowly backwards, something that I can't achieve with any of the rebuilt NHs. I've also discovered that the better the motor is,the more difference an "OF" makes over an NH. I've witnessed both "OFs and NHs tried on well worn motors and seen very little differences while the same two carbs displayed quite noticeable differences when tried on excellent condition motors. As well,I like not having to mess with the mixture since there are enough things to do already when driving a Model T in traffic. Stan is the expert on these carbs and I'll bet that if you get one of his rebuilts , you'll be selling the NH or keeping it under the seat as a spare.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Saturday, September 24, 2016 - 04:27 pm:

Under the seat as spare. That's the answere I was looking for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Saturday, September 24, 2016 - 05:31 pm:

I've run one for 15 years now on my '13. Works great

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Saturday, September 24, 2016 - 05:36 pm:

Just to be absolutely clear - I am 110% happy with the work I had done by Stan Howe.
The OF performance simply didn't impress me.
I plan to give it another chance next T Season.

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Saturday, September 24, 2016 - 06:04 pm:

No worries Bob. I wasn't checking up on Stans work. Just wondering how well they'll work. Happy with my humpy NH. Liked it better than the Kingston. The L4 is a good carb also. Heck I want pin my head to the seat. 😃

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration