Need garnish moldings

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Need garnish moldings
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ken bechtel on Saturday, September 24, 2016 - 11:39 am:

Anyone know where i can buy garnish moldings for a 24 tudor ? i tried model t haven. thanks Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Saturday, September 24, 2016 - 08:59 pm:

Ken,

Do you need all the moldings or just a few?

Do you have the earlier style doors that are wood framed or the later ones that are steel framed? At the moment I cannot access my older computer that has my price list of parts information.

The posting at: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/247524.html?1321848936 shows the wood framed door for 1924 and the steel framed door for 1925. But there would have been some overlap when both styles were used. I don't know if a late 1924 was produced with both styles or not. And of course over the years someone may have replace a door with one of the earlier or later doors than their car originally came with.

That same posting shows that the 1924-25 coupe door is mot as wide as the 1924-25 Tudor sedan door.

While Mark at Model T Haven may not have any now, if you ask him to keep an eye out for them, he may run across some at a later date.

Also, if they are very close to the 1926-27 ones, you might be able to purchase those -- they are available in reproduction and then shorten them or modify the as needed?

If you are only worried about breaking the glass if you drive it without the window trim, I suspect you can come up with some temporary trim (wood etc.) that can hold the window channel in place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ken bechtel on Saturday, September 24, 2016 - 09:19 pm:

Thanks for the post Hap. I have a 24 with wood frame doors. i needed a lower molding for one side so i used a 26-27 , welded the holes redrilled it and punched countersink for the screws and looks as good as the original. if i could get someone to compare the 26-27 side and upper garnish to a 24 i could maybe modify them as well. thanks Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ken bechtel on Saturday, September 24, 2016 - 09:23 pm:

Sorry Hap ! I need one upper and the sides for one quarter glass .1924 tudor with wood frame doors a total of three moldings Ken

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration