Old Photo with Ford

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo with Ford
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Saturday, September 24, 2016 - 01:37 pm:

Can anybody tell what model car is in this photo?
It's in my home town.

Hardwick House Photo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Saturday, September 24, 2016 - 02:00 pm:

Picture was dated 1905

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Saturday, September 24, 2016 - 02:22 pm:

Robbie the easy part that you probably already know, it is NOT a Ford. Wrong shift lever and hood shape.

As always, a higher resolution photo would make it a easier to tell what type of springs, hubs, etc. the car has.

I suspect the hood will be an aid to figuring it out.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Saturday, September 24, 2016 - 02:29 pm:

I don't have a better picture at the moment. This is all I have. I will check to see if I can get one.
ThanksHap

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Saturday, September 24, 2016 - 06:23 pm:

Great picture, Robbie. I'm thinking Winton.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, September 24, 2016 - 07:06 pm:

Sure looks like a Winton, about 1903.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, September 24, 2016 - 07:54 pm:

It looks like a 1902 or 03 Rambler to me.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, September 24, 2016 - 07:57 pm:

I guess the Rambler would have had a tiller rather than the steering wheel but the hood looks like Rambler. Maybe Haynes?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Saturday, September 24, 2016 - 08:03 pm:

Too small for a Winton. They are more substantial cars with longer front cowls. Also, no fins.

Better resembles the smaller one cylinder cars: Crestomobile, Rambler, Dorris, Dyke, etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Saturday, September 24, 2016 - 09:06 pm:

Someone said it might be a 1902-04 apperson?
I am working on getting a better picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, September 24, 2016 - 09:09 pm:

I agree with Richard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, September 25, 2016 - 12:35 pm:

Bigger:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, September 25, 2016 - 12:47 pm:

Here is a Rambler with a steering wheel. With the round tank behind the seat I think this might be it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Sunday, September 25, 2016 - 08:40 pm:

Excellent eye, Richard. I am fascinated by that picture. What appears to be a Holstein ox, the house, everything. Wish we knew the story.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration