Hershey weather watch

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Hershey weather watch
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, September 24, 2016 - 02:44 pm:

Fortunately, rain predicted this far ahead often fails to happen. Of course, this is Hershey, so...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Saturday, September 24, 2016 - 06:20 pm:

I often wonder how they are able to predict weather more than a week in advance. I just assume that they use historical averages and tweak it as it gets closer.

If that's true, and it is based on history, then the week of Hershey will definitely show rain.

On a related note, what a difference now that the entire show is on pavement. I still remember RV's being pulled out of the mud by large farm tractors and backhoes in the old Green field where the Giant Center now sits.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Mills_Cherry Hill NJ on Saturday, September 24, 2016 - 06:42 pm:

Part of the fun at Hershey is wearing a trash bag with a hole cut for your head at least one day and then letting the rain drip down your face as you want to keep your cap dry to keep your head out of the sun the next day...or even later the same day! For some reason I never took a poncho...lol

I've been doing Hershey since the days there were but a short line of vendors...and the entire car show was inside the stadium. Then later but back in Red Field days...my spaces were next to the military vehicle club area...they always had some unique vehicle available for the mud pulls there on the 'hill'.

I won't be making it this year due to work so have fun...rain or shine...:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, September 24, 2016 - 07:46 pm:

Never trust a forecast more than 4 days out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter B. Ratledge on Saturday, September 24, 2016 - 09:49 pm:

Steve,I have been going to Hershey and showing a car every year since 1967. I have seen rain, tropical storms,snow and a lot of mud. I can't remember the first year I went to see the show, but the whole show and Flea market was inside the
main arena. The cars were shown in the center and the parts venders were around the inside wall. Every year since then it has grown.
As long as my health holds out,Rain or Shine I am going!!
Looking forward to seeing you walking around.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marc Roberts, York, Pennsylvania on Thursday, September 29, 2016 - 07:55 am:

1" to 3" rain in the region today and tomorrow. Can't say about rain, but plan for mud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Brossard on Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 09:22 pm:

Better weather now :

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 09:28 pm:

The closer it gets the better it looks, but I have my umbrella and my winter clothes in the car, just in case.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 09:35 pm:

Wish there was a symbol we could wear on our hats to identify us as members of this forum. Who knows who you would meet. I wear a old tan fedora. I'll put a simple white card with T in the brim. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration