Year and Model?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Year and Model?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Schrage on Monday, September 26, 2016 - 09:26 am:

Model Year and Model

Can you experts identify the year and type of car for this old family photo? Thanks. Rick Schrage

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, September 26, 2016 - 09:38 am:

Radiator has the familiar Packard dip-n-swoop, but the hubs lack the octagon.
A little too early for my car ID'ing abilities.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Monday, September 26, 2016 - 11:11 am:

My first guess is Empire, about 1910.Indianapolis car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Woolf on Monday, September 26, 2016 - 11:32 am:

It is a 1910 Elmore rather than an Empire. As Burger said, the radiator has a shape similar to a Packard which is consistent with an Elmore. It had a four cylinder, 2 cycle engine.

Dan

1910 Elmore

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, September 26, 2016 - 12:17 pm:

Dan

Well done. Just finished search on web of radiator scripts, as I could just see the outline of the script on that auto. Sweeping curve under, but couldn't make it out clearly.

As you posted Elmore, got this script off the web, and sure looks like a match!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Schrage on Monday, September 26, 2016 - 12:25 pm:

You guys are great. This is my wife's family with her dad on the top shelf. HUUUGE family back then. Thanks very much.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Woolf on Monday, September 26, 2016 - 12:35 pm:

I think I had the year wrong. The original picture above looks more like the 1908 Elmore below.

Dan

1908 Elmore

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration