Off Topic Whippet Parts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Off Topic Whippet Parts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter B. Szumowski on Monday, September 26, 2016 - 12:58 pm:

I know there are many hobbyist's on this site that have various Marquis and contacts. I need some assistance in finding Whippet parts. I am in need of a carburetor and distributor for a 29 Whippet. Talked to some Whippet owners and they were of no assistance. Any leads would be appreciated.
Wally

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward on Monday, September 26, 2016 - 01:01 pm:

What model,?
what engine?
they 4 cylinders are a continental engine
parts are everywhere

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JOHN BEVARDOS on Monday, September 26, 2016 - 01:02 pm:

WALLY,
Give me a call, I might help

310-566-2129, pst

thanks , john

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward on Monday, September 26, 2016 - 01:04 pm:

Automobiles that used Continental engines[edit]
The following automobile companies used Continental engines:[3]

Abbott-Detroit
Ace
Ambassador
Anderson
Apperson
Auburn
Bantam Reconnaissance Car[citation needed](Y112 4 cyl. first Jeep during World War II)
Barley
Bay State[4]
Beggs[4]
Benham
Bendix
Birmingham
Blackhawk
Bour-Davis
Bush
Cardway[5]
Case
Checker (pre-1965)
Colby
Columbia
Comet
Continental (see above)
Corbitt
Crawford
Dagmar
Darling[6]
Davis[6]
Detroiter[7]
De Vaux
Diana
Dodge
DuPont
Durant Motors, including:
Durant
Eagle[8]
Flint
Star
Economy
Elcar
Empire
Enger
Erskine
Ferris[9]
Ghent
Graham-Paige
Graham
Hanson
Hertz
Hollier
Howard[10]
Howmet TX (turbine race car)
Hudson
Huffman
Imperial
Indian
Jewett
Jones[11]
Jordan
Kaiser-Frazer, including
Allstate
Frazer
Henry J
Kaiser
Willys (after 1953)
Keller
Kent
Kenworthy
Kleiber[12]
Kline Kar
Lambert
Leach[13]
Lexington
Howard
Liberty
Littlemac
Locomobile
Luverne
Marendaz
Marion-Handley
Martin
Merit[14]
Meteor[14]
Metropolitan
Monitor[15]
Moon
Morris Cowley
Morris (manf'd under licence)
National
Noma[16]
Norwalk[citation needed]
O'Connor[citation needed]
Ogren[17]
Overland
Owen Magnetic
Paige
Pan-American[18]
Paterson
Pathfinder
Peerless
Piedmont
Playboy[19]
Reo
Wolverine
ReVere[20]
Roamer
Rock Falls[21]
Romer
Ruxton
Saxon
Sayers[22]
Scripps-Booth
Severin[23]
S&M[24]
Stanwood
Stephens[25]
Thorne
Velie
Vogue
Walker
Washington
Wasp
Westcott
Windsor
Woods
Yellow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Monday, September 26, 2016 - 01:06 pm:

Wally, I'm not sure what year this is, but I bought it for the radiator and will be selling the rest of it as soon as I pull what I decide to keep.

I can get better pictures if you need them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, September 26, 2016 - 01:07 pm:

I can't help with parts, but if you haven't done so already, I would also post your request on the AACA forum:

http://forums.aaca.org/

If you're going to Hershey, maybe wear a sign? :-)

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Monday, September 26, 2016 - 02:08 pm:

Fellow out this way had a running, driving, 100% complete, original '29 Whippet sedan a couple years ago. He couldn't get $2K for it. Dunno where it is now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, September 26, 2016 - 04:49 pm:

The WOKR is fairly active and usually helpful (Willys Overland Knight Registry). A friend in the Nickel Age club had quite a few Overland and a couple Whippet cars including a '29 roadster. I have not seen him in several years, and he was getting up in age then. He was often talking about the WOKR meets he attended.
Is your '29 a six? (I would imagine so.) Four or six could make a big difference to the carburetor, and especially for the distributor.
Good luck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Monday, September 26, 2016 - 04:59 pm:

A friend has a 4cylinder parts car, as well as a nice 26 coach for sale.That being an updraft carburetor,there would be a bunch that would work

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JOHN BEVARDOS on Monday, September 26, 2016 - 05:06 pm:

JIM,

PM Sent
john

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Monday, September 26, 2016 - 06:33 pm:

try the wokr club. cab & dis are junk!!!pot metal. adapt something else, the guys in the club will help. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Monday, September 26, 2016 - 07:34 pm:

That Whippet 4 engine being very similar to WW2 jeep, wonder if that distributor would work? I've cobbled Model A carburetors on engines that came with pot metal ones with good success.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter B. Szumowski on Tuesday, September 27, 2016 - 11:39 am:

I wish to thank all the hobbyist's that have replied to my question. Also the various suggestions on replacing the parts with Model A substitutions will be very useful.

Wally

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter B. Szumowski on Tuesday, September 27, 2016 - 11:45 am:

I wish to thank all the Hobbyist's that responded to my post. Using Model A parts as substitutions hopefully will bring an end to this project. Just to add the car belong to a very dear friend that passed away a couple of years ago. His widow wants to get the car running and I believe she will sell it.
Wally

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration