Warford nutreal question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Warford nutreal question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Foye on Monday, September 26, 2016 - 01:57 pm:

When a 3 speed warford is in nutreal and you put the hand lever into high, should the rear try to engage and start moving the car forward before stalling? I thought there as no connection to the rear end when In between gears? Something doesn't sound right to me. Forgive the spelling errors im on an iPhone and autocorrect won't cooperate...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Paddison on Monday, September 26, 2016 - 03:43 pm:

If the Warford is in Neutral, the engine/transmission should be completely disengaged from the Rear axle.

With my Chicago OD in Neutral, I can let the clutch out in high and it will idle all day.

It sounds like the Warford isn't actually in Neutral.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Foye on Monday, September 26, 2016 - 03:58 pm:

I agree something is amiss. BUT, with the handlever forward and when i push the low pedal (in wardford neutral) nothing happens. When I let up the pedal into high, it chugs and stalls. I check the shift placement of the warford and it is between under and direct in neutral.... This is what I don't understand.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Paddison on Monday, September 26, 2016 - 04:04 pm:

I suspect that the Clutch and low band are not adjusted correctly...and when the clutch is let out in high...both :Low band and the High are grabbing...killing the motor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim on Tuesday, September 27, 2016 - 12:16 pm:

Neutral = no connection from the engine to the driveshaft. Clayton could be on to it. Back off the band and see what happens.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Tuesday, September 27, 2016 - 03:06 pm:

My 26 Roadster did that after a band adjustment and the yolk adjustment was wrong. I went through the adjustment again per the book and life was good. Clayton most likely nailed it. Try this link. PK

http://modelt-tips.com/Engine/35.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Foye on Tuesday, September 27, 2016 - 06:39 pm:

thanks guys, will give it a try.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Tuesday, September 27, 2016 - 08:06 pm:

Clayton, you got that Right.
I always start my car in Warford Neutral.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, September 27, 2016 - 08:17 pm:

I agree with the things said here, however, the fact that Matt says it starts moving the car forward with the Warford in neutral suggests a different problem to me. I've never used a Warford, but occasionally I experience a similar problem with my Muncie. The shift lever will slip free of the H pattern, leaving it in gear while the shift lever appears to be in neutral. In the Muncie it's easy to spot and correct. I don't know about a Warford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Tuesday, September 27, 2016 - 11:18 pm:

ComON there is Supposed to be No mech connection to the rear wheels when in Warford Neutral... If the engine loads up and stalls

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Tuesday, September 27, 2016 - 11:19 pm:

ComON there is Supposed to be No mech connection to the rear wheels when in Warford Neutral... If the engine loads up and stalla???

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration