1914 Touring Panels

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 1914 Touring Panels
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Johnson on Monday, September 26, 2016 - 08:12 pm:

Trying to complete a 1914 touring body. I need the two panels that go between the rear quarter panels and the rear seat panel. Howell's has the quarter panels and the rear panel but have not found a source for those in-between panels. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Tuesday, September 27, 2016 - 12:23 pm:

Those are the rear corners and I don't think any one reproduces those. I heard that no one has been able to made a good reproduction for a reasonable price. The rear corners are the same on touring bodies 1913 to 1920. Usually anyone who is building a new body obtains a set of used corners. The only problem is that they used to be very easy to find. Now, so many have used that they are becoming scarce. I'm sure you can still find a pair of them at Model T Haven but they are no longer cheap to buy.

I have been planing on building a 1914 touring body for several years now. For some odd reason I have found about 3 corners for the driver's side but only one for the passenger side and it is not a very good one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Tuesday, September 27, 2016 - 02:02 pm:

I purchased a pair of the lower patch corners for my 21 5 piece back Touring from Howells. The early to mid year 21 T Tourings had the narrow panels as the earlier cars did. My car is one of those.
I have a back section that has the narrow panels that you need that can be used with a little metal work or you can buy the lower patch panel that can be welded on to make a nice panel. I think they came from the remains of a 1919 but not sure.
Let me know if you could use these. I saved them because they are tough to find in any shape at all. These are still pretty good and restorable.
PM me if your interested.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Tuesday, September 27, 2016 - 02:28 pm:

i use to make them out of chev pick up hoods 47 to 54. that was back when i was hard up for work and was making new bodies. ha.ha. charley

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration