CHAFFIN'S GARAGE AND MUSEUM TOUR

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: CHAFFIN'S GARAGE AND MUSEUM TOUR
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Tuesday, September 27, 2016 - 05:31 pm:

THIS IS THE ORIGINAL CHAFFIN'S GARAGE AND MUSEUM. THIS IS WHERE IT ALL STARTED IN 1973. HOPE YOU ENJOY THE PICTURES. GLEN

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Tuesday, September 27, 2016 - 05:46 pm:

Fantastic collection. Thanks for the photos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, September 27, 2016 - 06:14 pm:

Cool Beans Glen!!! Thanks for sharing with us! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, September 27, 2016 - 06:25 pm:

Having seen it in person - it is a sight to behold ..... :-)

Glen charged me $25.00 though - he said it was the Special Pollock Price ..... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, September 27, 2016 - 06:32 pm:

So very cool. Thank you for sharing

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, September 27, 2016 - 07:33 pm:

You definitely have a higher class of junk at your place than I do at mine!
Thanks for the look through.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Tuesday, September 27, 2016 - 07:45 pm:

Jim, I didn't realize you were a Pollock otherwise I would have charged you $100.00 just to help pay for the beer. To everyone else tours are free including the beer! Just realized I bought my first Model T around 1960 and started the business in 1973. I was one of the very first members of the MTFCA. #227 signed up by Bruce McCalley himself. A lot of water has passed under the bridge since then.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, September 27, 2016 - 09:29 pm:

I have seen part of it.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon - Richmond, VA on Tuesday, September 27, 2016 - 09:37 pm:

love it, thanks for sharing!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Tuesday, September 27, 2016 - 09:45 pm:

You better start making room for the '14 barn find or you may not get it for your upcoming birthday in November. Yes, I know. I'm the best son ever! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Tuesday, September 27, 2016 - 10:42 pm:

I didn't get any beer......lucky for me I drink less than I used too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, September 27, 2016 - 10:44 pm:

That Corona in the first picture looks a lot like a Ford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Tuesday, September 27, 2016 - 10:58 pm:

Jerome

After that experience in nebraska, you don't get any more beer!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Anziani on Tuesday, September 27, 2016 - 11:36 pm:

That is really cool!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Wednesday, September 28, 2016 - 01:13 am:

I never got a beer or a grand tour but one time I did see inside the wonderful restored house. Mostly my fault cause I've always been in a hurry going to a tour hauling some goodies donated by Glen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Wednesday, September 28, 2016 - 12:57 pm:

I THOUGHT YOU WOULD ENJOY THE PICTURES INSTEAD OF THE BEER. I WAS WRONG. WE HAVE GERMAN HEFFENWEISEN.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, September 28, 2016 - 01:26 pm:

Glen has the largest employee to company swimming pool ratio index in all of California ..... :-)

That plus German beer equals a helluva good time .....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Wednesday, September 28, 2016 - 02:15 pm:

See you soon JIm!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Bishop, San Diego on Wednesday, September 28, 2016 - 03:07 pm:

Glen,
I don't know when you took the pictures, but it doesn't look any different than when I started coming to you maybe 15 years ago! (OK, maybe a little less dust on the "Corona"!).
Did you put Dave back in the museum?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach, CA on Wednesday, September 28, 2016 - 04:17 pm:

Wow! I'm glad I didn't mention my Pollack heritage on past visits. Having put that out there, next time I visit I'd better bring along some kielbasa and kruschiki to pay my way through the door. Have banged my head on those rafters once or twice too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Wednesday, September 28, 2016 - 04:34 pm:

No Bob, I keep Dave on the phone. No beer for him. He gets crazy and I don't want to ruin the museum. Your right, nothing has changed much because I cannot find time to work on my cars. Sean, we have a big heart for all Pollocks, so don't worry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach, CA on Wednesday, September 28, 2016 - 08:42 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Wednesday, September 28, 2016 - 09:11 pm:

Because it was Friday, all the Polaks down at Dom Polski had pollock for their fish dinner.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach, CA on Wednesday, September 28, 2016 - 10:33 pm:

And then they danced the polka. Badda-Bing!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Wednesday, September 28, 2016 - 10:40 pm:

I was there about ten years ago. Dave took me on a tour, I think glen was at Hershey. It looks a lot cleaner now than it did then. Lots of great stuff there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Bishop, San Diego on Thursday, September 29, 2016 - 03:11 pm:

Glen,
I was trying to be smart-alecky with my remark about the place looking the same!
But I forgot to mention that I don't know what I would have done the last 15 years or so without you, Dave, and your shop. Thanks for being there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Thursday, September 29, 2016 - 03:36 pm:

You will never get rich selling Model T Ford parts. But we are not here to get rich. We do ok but we are really here to help you and the hobby.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 12:47 pm:

My son Mark says that he is going to give me his newly acquired 1913 Touring car for my 81'st birthday in November. He says that it belongs in my museum along with my original 1913 Roadster. Of coarse he's right and I appreciate his generosity. But, I think he is just looking for a good place to store the car. However, my father told me to never look a gift hoarse in the mouth, what ever that means. I am more concerned with what comes out the other end. I must admit my son is not all bad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 01:20 pm:

I will be retaining the title as it is highly likely you will try and sell it soon after it has been gifted to you. Been there. Done that. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 01:59 pm:

Is it nap time yet?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 04:23 pm:

I WON'T NAP OR BELIEVE IT TILL I GET THE TITLE

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 04:45 pm:

Chaffin Wars ....

Premiering this Spring on the History Channel.

The ongoing trials & tribulations of a father & son dedicated to the Model T ...... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 04:57 pm:

Very good Jim, We'll cast you as the perpetrator of the war.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 05:29 pm:

No. I'm just certain you'll sell it because it doesn't have a Ruckstell. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 06:40 pm:

I have lots of Ruckstell's to put in it if I want. But no, leave it as found.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Australia. on Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 07:34 pm:

I remember Glen serving me over that counter in 1990.

Wow, that's more than a quarter of a century ago. Have I been infected with this T bug that long?

I've been back twice since and the atmosphere of the new place, although good, is nothing like the original.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration