26-27 bed wood measurements

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 26-27 bed wood measurements
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Husted on Tuesday, September 27, 2016 - 11:54 pm:

Need bed wood measurements for 26-27 pickup? picture
would be nice. mikes48ford@q.com thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, September 28, 2016 - 12:06 am:

Here's a sketch made by Dan Treace from another thread: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/201444.html?1301620399

jjjj

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, September 28, 2016 - 10:07 am:

It's been too long since I did my '25 pickup, but as I recall, they were 13/16" thick. The notation above that '25s are the same is B.S!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Reed on Wednesday, September 28, 2016 - 12:04 pm:

Are the wood boards available in kit form? And if yes---who sells them? Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, September 28, 2016 - 01:15 pm:

Larry:

Sorry for the typo on my sketch since I did this back a few years ago for the forum. You are sure invited to make a sketch for the correct '25 bed wood and post it too! :-)

So, here is sketch with correct dates! '26-'27

and...here is the proper layout of the fasteners too, as the reproduction metal bed strips to hold the wood boards down isn't drilled for the holes.

Ford Body Parts book sketch

Most all the parts of the '26-'27 metal bed are avail. as repro, fasteners too.

Larry Reed:

The oak board reproduction set can be had from Obsolete Classic Auto Parts, www.classicautoparts.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Reed on Wednesday, September 28, 2016 - 01:23 pm:

Thanks. Dan. This forum is a treasure of information. Larry Reed.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration