Old Photo - Brass Era - Touring Car In Front Of Pasco Garage

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Brass Era - Touring Car In Front Of Pasco Garage
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, September 28, 2016 - 09:01 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Humphrey on Wednesday, September 28, 2016 - 09:42 am:

I have been around model t,s for a while... but mine has a radiator...and very little plumbing.. and no heating... How does that garage think they will make a living like that.???? Or maybe the sign should say... Plumbing and Overheating....Just saying??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, September 28, 2016 - 09:51 am:

What's hanging on the top boot? Notice the lip on the front fenders.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Wednesday, September 28, 2016 - 10:25 am:

Hi Steve,

Pasco Garage, and in the same building, Powell Plumbing and Heating.

Hi Larry,

I don't think that anything is hanging from the top boot and the front fenders have no lip.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, September 28, 2016 - 11:24 am:

There is a tree hanging off the top boot ! :-)

It was nothing unusual for service businesses back in the day to cover multiple specialties.
Both plumbing and electrical were pretty new things for the home and most work was being
done retrofit. Then along comes these motorized vehicles, and Harry says to Orville, "I think
we might stand to broaden our business by picking up some work in these horseless carriages.
... just add it to the sign !"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, September 28, 2016 - 11:30 am:

Driving with the top down on a very cool day (maybe winter no leaves on the trees) Back when men were men.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie Dill on Wednesday, September 28, 2016 - 11:31 am:

It does look like there's something hanging down where the hood meets the body. Maybe a quirk of a very old camera?

Also, I'm sure this is a complete noob question, but what's that on the running board?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Wednesday, September 28, 2016 - 11:57 am:

Acetylene generator for the headlights.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Wednesday, September 28, 2016 - 12:00 pm:

Looks like Powell had a falling out with his business partner. There used to be something else painted on the building after "POWELL". Doesn't seem to quite fit to be "& Son". I was wondering if Pasco was derived from Powell And Son Company, but I'm just making things up now!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JohnCodman on Wednesday, September 28, 2016 - 12:15 pm:

It appears that this Model T has a chauffeur and a rather prosperous-looking passenger. Kinda unusual for an inexpensive car such as a T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert L. Rogers on Wednesday, September 28, 2016 - 12:52 pm:

Yes it is a chauffeur. The gent in the back is one of the plumbers. I'm a plumber, too, and I have a chauffeur for my work vehicle, too! ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Wednesday, September 28, 2016 - 12:59 pm:

Looks like the sign may have read "Powell IND".

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration