Did any Model T's have 7" headlight glass?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Did any Model T's have 7" headlight glass?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Wednesday, September 28, 2016 - 07:56 pm:

Bought a set off eBay without measuring mine as the seller said they would fit Model T's. They were 7" in diameter and my buckets and rings need a 8" lense.
What little research I did indicated that they were " in diameter. When I questioned the seller, she said she had sold a bunch of these and no one else had mentioned an issue.

They are clear, not fluted.

Just curious what, if any, Model T's these glass lenses would fit. PS, I have 4 of them that I cannot use, if anyone wants them.

I'll hang up and listen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Thursday, September 29, 2016 - 09:29 am:

In fact, my two headlights that I'm using on my WWI Model T project have two different sockets, one two pin and one one pin, but they are both 8" glass. Were the 7" on earlier T's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, September 29, 2016 - 09:47 am:

Don't know of any 7" lens in Ford headlamps.

The gas headlamps used clear lens in 8 1/2" Ford elec. use 8"

Some aftermarket headlamps may have different sizes.

Typical Ford rim for the clear lens uses a small clip for holding the all round lens, the later rim uses a larger tang for the 4 flat areas on the "H" type fluted glass lens.

The one pin socket is found in early headlamp buckets for magneto lamps.

Clip fastener for round lens

You can change the socket in the bucket to match, most times they just slide out easy with a cylindrical wood dowel plug mating punch, as the socket is made to move back and forth with the adj. screw.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel(Indiana Trucks)Star City In on Thursday, September 29, 2016 - 01:34 pm:

I don't think they fit model T but they may fit my Indiana truck. Do they have a name on them? I need to check the size of my headlights but I think mine are 7" or 6" on the truck. It sucks to have a photographic memory that has no film.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration