Michigan honkers.... (bulb horns)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Michigan honkers.... (bulb horns)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Wednesday, September 28, 2016 - 10:05 pm:

Can't wait to fight back the geese this fall! Got the ol' honkers work'n!!

horn rebuilds

Repaired a puncture in the big one, re-set it's reed tongue, new flesh lines and bulbs, etc.

Questions ... how far should the bulb go on to the brass reed holder? Should a contact/rubber cement be used, or ok to just set dry. Both are pretty tight. Actually... the little bulb barely makes it into the brass ferule....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, September 28, 2016 - 10:25 pm:

In the spring when the geese are on the pond i'll honk the horn on our 14 and the geese will try to figger it out!! Bud.in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Wednesday, September 28, 2016 - 10:30 pm:

Hehe.... cool.... you're not all that far from my home town... Elsie, and Fenmore...
Best regards... Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Wednesday, September 28, 2016 - 10:42 pm:

The smaller one is not from Michigan. More like New Delhi or Bangalore.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Wednesday, September 28, 2016 - 11:01 pm:

Certainly... about as cheap as they come, too! Was just a play on words ... Michigan 'as that's where b I am) vs Canadian geese.

The buger b one is a Rubes (sp), albeit in poor shape. It's all in the reed, though... ;-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, September 29, 2016 - 08:42 am:

Dennis,I used to haul milk to Ovid and usually returned through Elsie.When i worked at Olds there were many people there from that area, Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration