My 1919 Speedster in the Big Shot !

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: My 1919 Speedster in the Big Shot !
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Thursday, September 29, 2016 - 12:42 am:

Every year Rochester Institute of Photography [RIT] does a special night time exposure using the flash units and flashlights of hundreds of people to illuminate a location in Rochester. This year they shot the Eastman Kodak headquarters downtown.

I was featured in this shot using a vintage magnesium powder flash and my speedster was positioned down front with the president of RIT sitting in the drivers seat.

Click on this site ... and then scroll down to see a detail of me with flash and the T.

http://bigshot.cias.rit.edu/2016/09/29/things-you-might-not-have-noticed-in-the- big-shot-no-32-photograph/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Thursday, September 29, 2016 - 12:54 am:

Neat. To me the T is the center of attention....
So glad to see that Kodak have survived the 95% switch to digital cameras. When I first arrived in the States during the 1960's i was employed at General Dynamics. At least two of my neighbors worked at Kodak.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Thursday, September 29, 2016 - 01:07 am:

Steve Sasson, inventor of the digital camera, is actually a fan of my model T. He still lives in Rochester and frequently comes in to the George Eastman Museum. I drive my T to work nearly every day in the good weather.

Kodak is evolving. They are experts in laying down very fine layers of complex emulsions ... applicable in many other technological applications.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mc Willie on Thursday, September 29, 2016 - 10:37 am:

Mark- That is a great looking speedster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Thursday, September 29, 2016 - 11:17 am:

Very neat !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Thursday, September 29, 2016 - 11:34 am:

I am thinking of selling my beloved speedster so that I can buy a barn find 23 roadster. I've driven my T since the early 1980s ... never had a breakdown. I currently drive it to work nearly every day. Has newly rebuilt rear, new rings, low head and a very spiffy updraft carb. Any interest at $7500? I guarantee It's the only T out there that spent twenty years on the road as a traveling medicine show .. so it has an interesting history.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration