Old Photo -Brass Era - Posing In Their Snappy New Roadster

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo -Brass Era - Posing In Their Snappy New Roadster
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, September 29, 2016 - 08:34 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Thursday, September 29, 2016 - 09:29 am:

Apparently, he is really turned on by a woman that can crank and drive a Ford. His inner radiator is getting hot and about to boil over. I hope her father warned her about the shifty eyed type.

This is an official Ford photo from 1914, isn't it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Thursday, September 29, 2016 - 01:34 pm:

Would an official Ford photo show a acetylene tank on the running board?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, September 29, 2016 - 01:45 pm:

I don't know if it's an official Ford photo or not, but if it is don't you think they would have fully inflated the tires?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Thursday, September 29, 2016 - 02:10 pm:

It is. It's from the Ford Photography Dept. and entitled "Picking Flowers." The woman appears in many different poses with different new Ford cars around 1914-15.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Thursday, September 29, 2016 - 04:57 pm:

An old time Ford employee told me that was Evangeline. I can't tell. Makes sense Henry would use her as a model.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Friday, September 30, 2016 - 08:51 am:

Okay, I have some followup questions after these comments:

Jim) Please explain to us who Evangeline was? That must be a piece of history I don't know about.

Anyone) Why does the car have an acetylene tank? Did some come from the factory like this, and why?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, September 30, 2016 - 10:10 am:

Rick,
Evangeline Côté got a job at the Ford head office in the teens and soon got on very friendly basis with Henry Ford. He fixed her a fitting husband among his loyal employees, Ray Dahlinger, and built them a large house by the river close to Ford's own home. There are rumors that Ford used to take his electric boat over to their house and visit by a secret stair that went right to her bedroom. She got one son, John, in 1923 and he was often visited by Ford and invited to play with Ford's grandchildren that were about the same age. According to John Dahlinger's ghost written 1978 biography "The secret life of Henry Ford" he suspected himself that he may have been Henry's son instead of Ray's. Evangeline never wanted to talk about it, though.
Understandably Mrs Ford didn't like Evangeline very much, but nevertheless the night Henry Ford died, Clara Ford summoned Evangeline to his bedside.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, September 30, 2016 - 10:15 am:

At least they got the horn bulb in the correct position!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, September 30, 2016 - 10:25 am:

And about the acetylene tank - Ford was sometimes supplying Prestolite tanks instead of carbide generators on cars sold in 1909-1912, so maybe they were still experimenting with the system in 1913/14. Soon enough they went the electric road instead.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration