Philmont Scout Ranch Model N & "Green" Ts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Philmont Scout Ranch Model N & "Green" Ts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Thursday, September 29, 2016 - 06:20 pm:

Larry Azevedo and I visited Philmont Scout Ranch a couple days ago to check out a Model N and a couple of electrified Model T's restored by Chuck Walneck.

Chuck told me in an email;
"The electric car element was to excite the youth with "what if's and Wow that looks simple to do", If I accomplished that thought process with them then it was all worth the effort."
Chuck restored the Model N to it's original state.

Hopefully with the aid of a magnifying glass, you can pick out Rob's and a few other familiar
names in the below poster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Thursday, September 29, 2016 - 06:57 pm:

Did Northern Tier, Seabase and Philmont with my Eagle Scout son years back. Philmont was the best. Thanks for giving back to Scouting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, September 29, 2016 - 07:23 pm:

Are those the correct coach lamps on that "N"? I thought they had the "bale" on the top of them. Maybe I'm wrong. Probably am.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, September 29, 2016 - 08:29 pm:

Tim I think the "N" used bale style lamps in 1906 model year for sure. After that early production Ford seems to have used a variety of suppliers for lamps including Atwood Castle and E&J, in various styles that do not seem to have bale handles.

The restored car in the picture I believe has a set of reproduction E&J Pat 1908 lamps, which I have never seen in a period photo with the two tier tops and no shade on the round lens.

The cowl lamps on the car below appear to be JNO Brown #75 lamps.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration