Coils rebuild ???

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Coils rebuild ???
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, September 29, 2016 - 07:59 pm:

Coil Doctor
Seems like the way to go as opposed to new. Am I thinking right? I know from reading other posts that good coils can make a motor come to life. I have two bad coils and and two ( that work )
Any thoughts as to new vs rebuilt? Besides its cheaper .
Thanks for advice

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Kriegel Mishawaka Indiana on Thursday, September 29, 2016 - 08:05 pm:

CHEAP way to make your car correct, reliable and fun to drive

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, September 29, 2016 - 08:17 pm:

Dallas,

Bottom line, there are not excellent new coils available at any price. There are so - so new coils available that are in fact new, but they often (maybe always) need to be completely gone through by someone like Coil Doctor or Coil Man before they actually work OK. There is one brand of new coils that may not be repairable by anyone.

It's not only cheaper, it's better to have old Ford coils rebuilt properly. You will be time and money ahead.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Thursday, September 29, 2016 - 08:45 pm:

Sent my coils in for a rebuild... best $$ I spent on the ol' girl!!! Made a WORLD of difference!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, September 29, 2016 - 08:49 pm:

Advice taken
I will be boxing coils and sending to Coil Doctor
I finally got my wife to go for a nice evening drive last week. She is not as fond of the T as I am . ( YET ) Anyway we got about 3 miles away and the coils started having a fit. Bucking and jerking all the way back home. She wasn't impressed. I told her it was running great and it was till then. Maybe rebuilt coils and a nice smooth ride , the T can win her over.
Thanks for the help gentlemen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, September 30, 2016 - 01:05 am:

There is a possibility of getting new looking coils with old rebuilt coil quality - buying remanufactured coils from John Regan: http://www.funprojects.com/products/5007KW.aspx

(Unfortunately backordered now, but usually available.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Friday, September 30, 2016 - 10:05 am:

I had my coils rebuilt from Coil Doctor. He does great work and very reasonably priced.
You cant go wrong with that!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Friday, September 30, 2016 - 01:21 pm:

The Brand-New coils manufactured by Fun Projects are correctly made, correctly adjusted, and have the correct internal parts for good longevity. I believe they utilize genuine Ford windings salvaged from original coils and everything else is brand new and made to the Ford prints.

At a slightly lower price, there are re-builders who advertise in the national magazines as well as many people who can be found in the local clubs capable of re-building coils to a decent quality standard. Ask if their work is guaranteed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Duffy on Friday, September 30, 2016 - 01:41 pm:

I m on my third model T using coils that Ron Patterson rebuilt for me. They work great! Fast service too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, September 30, 2016 - 02:13 pm:

I have talked with Andy Loso in Minnasota and I'm sending them to him. I've worked with Andy before and was very happy. My model T buddy has 3 T's and between us we will be sending about 20 coils to him. I hate to put it up so early but I can't drive it with two coils that work part time.
( Cant Wait Till Spring )
Probably have it out as soon as I get coils back
Gotta try it out in the snow you know

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Friday, September 30, 2016 - 05:47 pm:

We are most blessed by having original Ford coil rebuilders. My guy is Brent Mize. He advertises here and is also excellent and priced reasonably.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration