Ford bands are best!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Ford bands are best!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim williams Baldwinsville NY. on Friday, September 30, 2016 - 12:58 pm:

Changing bands in my T ski doodle I discovered that the
Low band was a raybestos brand and it was broken has
Anyone had the same trouble with these bands ?
Just curious

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Friday, September 30, 2016 - 01:10 pm:

Never saw one like that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Friday, September 30, 2016 - 01:16 pm:

Instead of T era aftermarket, that may be out of some early automatic transmission. GM Hydramatic can be adapted but I don't think that one of those .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Friday, September 30, 2016 - 03:55 pm:

its an aftermarket Model T era replacement. Several companies made them. Doubt too many modern era automatics used Model T bands in them!
As you have found out- the Ford originals- either the slot or button type are best.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 12:38 am:

I had a set of those in one of my T's. Don't recall any issues with them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 07:53 am:

Yes. I had Raybestos bands in my car and the low band broke like that. They do have a weak point. Now I have Ford bands and they are the best as you say.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration