Texas T Party 2016 Day 3

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Texas T Party 2016 Day 3
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, September 30, 2016 - 04:36 pm:

I am working on resizing all the photos from today. For now here is a link to us driving the '15 on a low water crossing video:

https://www.facebook.com/georgette.mcalister/videos/10207334375383805/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, September 30, 2016 - 04:47 pm:

Here it is from the bank. Filmed by Ross Lilleker.

https://youtu.be/A9KAqRxpV_I

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, September 30, 2016 - 05:01 pm:

Here is the return video, again thanks to Ross Lilleker.

https://youtu.be/rN9QPS_O-Dc

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Friday, September 30, 2016 - 05:26 pm:

And that's Ross' three girls in the filming: Courtney, Vivien and Jennifer!!
Thanks for the pics of Day 2 Royce as well as these videos of you crossing the river. I've now missed the last 2 Texas T Parties due to Fredericksburg Oktoberfest and my polka band's participation. Never again! After Wurstfest this year I'm retiring from that 45 year music 'career'. I'll see ya'll at the 2017 T Party !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, September 30, 2016 - 05:35 pm:

I was wondering where you were George. You and the missus need to be here or it just isn't the same. Hope to see you here next year for sure!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, September 30, 2016 - 05:40 pm:

This morning we started out bright and early towards Hico, Texas. Hico is a great little town in the middle of Hamilton County Texas. The area is famed for its dove hunting, and also for a strange character named Bushy Bill Roberts. Roberts claim to fame was that he told a story about how he was actually Billy the Kid of outlaw fame, and that somehow Pat Garrett shot the wrong guy. In any case, the town is charming, and the road to Hico is paved in Model T memories.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, September 30, 2016 - 06:32 pm:

The youtubes were great! The facebook I could not view.
I even followed a youtube link and watched over your shoulder for a ride in the '10!
Thank you Royce for posting all this great stuff!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, September 30, 2016 - 09:25 pm:

Hico was a sleepy little town in 1883 when a rail stop was established three miles away, prompting the town of Hico to move to the rail station. It became the central hub of Hamilton county, where cattle, sheep, and cotton were bought, sold, and shipped. It was quite a boom town in the 1880's - 1890's. The town today would look familiar to folks who lived here then.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, September 30, 2016 - 09:51 pm:

From Hico we left to the southeast, and the trees quickly became scrub brush and Mesquite due to the drier land. There were a few interesting mounds on the flat prairie, maybe Indian mounds? The area was home to local tribes, and then a reservation in the 1850's - 1870's.

Our last stop today was Glen Rose Texas. Glen Rose is the county seat of Somerville County, Texas. It was established around 1875 and had a store and a grist mill in the earliest days. The County Courthouse was built in the 1890's after a previous wooden structure burned.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J. Marino - League City, Texas on Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 07:24 am:

We enjoyed the water crossings near Glen Rose, Texas!

Hopefully, this video gives us a way to share the water crossings with y'all:

https://youtu.be/fvX1ir_P09I

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J. Marino - League City, Texas on Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 01:23 pm:

My sealed bearing on my fan pulley seized on the first day of the tour and burned up my fan belt on the way back to the hotel. We removed the water pump, fan, pulley and shaft. Ran the rest of the 350 mile tour on just water siphon. Motometer temps stayed just below the circle while moving. Heated up in town.

W

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 10:55 pm:

Nice video Anthony! I don't have any idea how to add music like that.

Your T looks better without the "modern" sealed bearing and water pump too. Might consider getting a stock fan pulley with a new bushing. They last forever if you add a little grease every now and then.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eyssen - Abilene TX on Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 09:03 pm:

A "Shout Out" goes to Gator and Mike Noe, who, without my knowledge, on the "sly", worked at night on my car freeing up the stuck valves so I could tour the second day. Gator had also fixed a flat for me years ago on another tour. T People doing what T People do best---- helping others. Thanks Guys!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By wayne johnson on Monday, October 03, 2016 - 12:14 am:

I wish I could have made it. Looks like a blast. See you all someday with mine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Severn - SE Texas on Monday, October 03, 2016 - 12:51 am:

Tim,

When they freed up those valves, there was so much smoke you could not see the other side of the parking lot. All the flying insects moved to another county.

Those kind of Model T friends are the best.

Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J. Marino - League City, Texas on Monday, October 03, 2016 - 06:25 am:

That video is a collage of four videos joined together using YouTube. The YouTube editor also has a selection of music you can add. All the editing occurred on the YouTube web site.

Ross was another nice guy to bring me another sealed bearing pulley and fan belt as he was late to the party. I kept running good on just water siphon. I broke my bendix spring at the Walmart gas station across from the hotel upon returning the last day. Had to crank her to get her in the trailer.

Gator has helped me many many times. He is Mr. Congeniality!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Monday, October 03, 2016 - 08:16 am:

I had to leave the morning of Day 4 due to a prior commitment. Anyone have pictures of Day 4?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J. Marino - League City, Texas on Monday, October 03, 2016 - 08:54 am:

My girl Debbie took some. We will try to download, resize, and upload to a new Day 4 thread some time today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eyssen - Abilene TX on Monday, October 03, 2016 - 03:04 pm:

Pull off the side plates and numbers 2,3 and 4 intakes still stuck open after all the "good stuff" Gator and Mike put in my engine. The saga will continue on Tuesday. Did someone say fooling with this old stuff is therapeutic?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration