Alternator

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Alternator
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Kelley on Friday, September 30, 2016 - 08:00 pm:

Can anyone tell me how to contact L.D. Becker's son? I bought an alternator from him a couple of months ago but lost his phone #. I get no answer at the 419 663-5122 (Bonnie's number I think). I need to ask a question. Some of you may know the answer. I get very little to 0 amp. output. There is an open plug on the alternation (at the top when installed) Assume a jumper or regulator should be plugged in there.
Frank

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, September 30, 2016 - 08:16 pm:

If you had a real T generator, you wouldn't have to worry about it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, September 30, 2016 - 08:16 pm:

Can you post a picture of the alternator and the open plug you're talking about?

My car came to me with a 6V alternator, note the "Delco Remy" lettering on the rear part of the casting. The only wire going to it is the yellow and black wire that normally goes to the stock generator.

When you first start the car, the alternator won't charge until you accelerate to a pretty fast Idle, then you can pull it back to a normal Idle and it will continue to charge.

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Kelley on Friday, September 30, 2016 - 08:34 pm:

Thanks, Larry!! We drive a lot a night. I don't like the "cook the battery by day, discharge the battery at night" generator - even with the so called "regulator". I only tried one "regulator", but didn't like it. This is on a pick up that Henry never made, so "purity" doesn't matter on this one.

Mark, it is not a Delco. It's one of the $145 (in the past) that Mr. Becker used to sell. His son made this one for me - and I hope just forgot what ever plugs in there. I have one of the one's his dad made years ago & it has something in the plug hole. I can't seem to get it out and I don't want to pry on it too much

Thanks for the comments. If I don't get in contact with his son, I'll post a picture (maybe-my computer skills are VERY limited)

Frank

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Friday, September 30, 2016 - 09:02 pm:

Search the Forum for Darryl Becker as the the author . He posted just recently, he may be able to help you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Kelley on Friday, September 30, 2016 - 09:29 pm:

Ted, I have't figured out how to do that search-please help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Kelley on Friday, September 30, 2016 - 09:42 pm:

Do you remember what the subject of the post was?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John E Cox on Friday, September 30, 2016 - 09:44 pm:

Click on the key(keyword search) in the box at the top of this page.
Check the first box, the search word(s) and click search at the bottom of the page.
It may take a while but a list of hits will appear.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Friday, September 30, 2016 - 09:53 pm:

Search for Becker in the last 10 days and you will find him. He spelled his name Daryl, just one R

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Friday, September 30, 2016 - 10:10 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/cgi-bin/discus/board-profile.cgi?action=view_profile&profil e=mralternator-users

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Kelley on Friday, September 30, 2016 - 10:19 pm:

Thanks All - I found the Becker folks and sent a PM. Model T people are the best!!! Just returned from Covered Bridges Tour in Indiana which was great & attended by more of these super "T" people. Thanks again, Frank

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration