OT Model RR guys possible N gauge trade for parts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT Model RR guys possible N gauge trade for parts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wes Nelson ........Bucyrus, MO on Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 02:15 pm:

I have a N gauge layout that has been on the internet for a number of months and I'm thinking of trading for Model T parts particularly an engine and trans that is relatively complete. I know there are model rxr guys here I'm hoping someone is interested, please remember money and distance are negotiable. I have mostly HO gauge and some Bachman G gauge N gauge is just too small as I get older. For your viewing pleasure I've added a link from CL. Thanks.

http://springfield.craigslist.org/for/5805076611.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 12:38 am:

Sweet layout Wes!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 02:24 am:

That's a very nice layout Wes. A bit too tiny for me; I'm in S gauge!
I once bought a little larger N layout at a yard sale (I won't tell you how cheap, but it was less than the price for the 14 remote controlled switches that were on it. No trains, no power supply, no legs. I made legs for it, found some trains and took it to a few shows, then traded it at one show for some American Flyer trains. Kinda wish now that I hadn't done that, as my layout is a long ways away from happening. Of course, while it was sceniced, it was nowhere near the level of realism you have created. Someone's getting a great deal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 07:44 am:

speaking of American flyer, any need for switches or crosses? My old lionel trains died (sank) although a few months ago I was rewarded with 4 boxes of various scale train bits. Mostly switched in O27 and 031 although some track as well. A fair number of American Flyer switches (no track) that I don't have a use for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bills Auto Works on Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 01:22 pm:

Very nice layout Wes, I still have my N scale stuff from around 1976 including the Bicentennial cars, but am on the road so much I don't get time to set anything up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 01:51 pm:

Chadwick,
Sure! One can never have too many switches! (I have a friend who would disagree--he hates switches-they cause derailments in his world). I'll PM you!
Thanks!
David

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 04:11 pm:

American Flyer is a nice size! Bigger then HO and smaller then o27. Darn I missed that!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 04:19 pm:

My N gauge set in a coffee table. Complete town including a few T's. Had Flyers for a while also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 04:28 pm:

It seems a lot of old car guys still have the train bug. This engine has been on my shelf for 30 years or so. It was from a set my big brothers had. I was into HO for a time. I often see bits and pieces of train sets in garages. Good things are hard to let go of.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 04:55 pm:

Mary and I went to a train show in Sedona a few years ago and a fellow had a very tiny powered train in a folding briefcase. It had tunnels and bridges to get from one side to the other. Lots of trees, buildings, vehicles, and very tiny people. I don't know how the train moved but it was very well done and he could take it to work with him. The engine was not even an inch long.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gustaf in Idaho on Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 05:00 pm:

Frank, that was a Marklin Z gauge electric train, the remarkable thing is that they were made before the modern miniaturized electric motors became available.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 06:10 pm:

I remember a cartoon in Model Railroader; a guy is showing off his layout on a card table: "I've done the entire New York Central in real scale with my Z gauge trains! It all fits on a Ping-Pong table!" The other guy says, "That's Amazing--A--A--A--Ahchoo!!!" "Oh no!Where did my coal train go????"

Rich, is that a MarX 666 engine?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 06:24 pm:

I prefer modeling my RR stuff in 12":1' scale. Pre-1900 three foot
narrow gauge, of course. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 07:36 pm:

Burger, You and Tom Marckoff! (he has the Eureka Narrow gauge engine). Where was this pic taken? I probably should recognize it, but don't!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 11:14 am:

David, is this a MarX trade mark?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 11:29 am:

Dewey,

You're thinking of Dan Markoff from Las Vegas. Yes, he restored/owns
the Eureka, ....

My previous shot is of Denver, South Park, and Pacific No.51, restored to
1885 appearance as successor Denver, Leadville, and Gunnison No.191.
She was sold to a lumber outfit in Michigan in 1900 and miraculously escaped
the scrappers to be returned to Colorado and restored by the Colorado RR
Museum in Golden, where that photo was taken.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 12:12 pm:

Rich, Yep, that's the Mark! BTW, your tender is derailed. . . :-)
Burger, Ah, yes, you're so right--where did I get Tom? Hope Dan doesn't read this! OTOH, he hasn't seen me for decades, so probably doesn't remember me! Whew! And Yes, I should have recognized that pic, I've been there!
Those are some great pictures of the Eureka--what an incredible restoration/preservation. I wonder how far along he is with the coach car he was building?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wes Nelson ........Bucyrus, MO on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 03:42 pm:

As I said in my opening post, I'm looking for Model T parts and someone with a real interest in this layout. The $500 figure is just a number, it is negotiable. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 10:48 pm:

Wes,

I will trade you every last Model T and T part I own for either of the above
shown full scale locomotives or something similar. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wes Nelson ........Bucyrus, MO on Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 08:54 am:

Sorry Burger, the closest I get to real locomotives is in Cabool, MO, and they're busy working. However a steering column or engine...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 05:33 pm:

Well, the McCloud 2-6-2 steam engine #19 on the Yreka Western Railroad was auctioned this morning for $400,000. Will be trucked to Ohio to join the Age of Steam Roundhouse collection.
Sad day for me, as that last MCRRR locomotive is leaving Siskiyou county Three had been her until very recently, 19, 18, and 25 (my childhood operating steam engine). The only steam locomtive left in Siskiyou County is the SP 1727 on display in Dunsmuir (I used to be in charge of that display) and this in a county that had 5 class 1 railroads at one time--plus a lot of narrow gauge lumber operations.
But now way off subject. Wes' layout is an easy way to get into model railroading!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration