Mercury Speedster #11

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Mercury Speedster #11
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By TW Scott on Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 08:57 pm:

I am trying to find Mercury step plates, gas cap, windshield wings and rear spare tire carrier bracket. Model t spinner wheel caps, Can anyone help? Scotty, Monkton MD

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 09:37 pm:

TW,

There are several Mercury speedster owners who use the forum. And Jarvis Erickson is probably the most knowledgeable person concerning any question about Mercury bodies. He will probably know what sources are available for both original as well as reproduction parts. He will also who to contact for possible reproduction parts. He advertises often in the national magazines "Wanted Information about Mercury Bodies." His e-mail address is modelTbugATaol.com (replace AT with @).

Note if you have body #11, and if it was not modified with a passenger door installed, it would have 4 step plates, 2 on each side as shown below. The earlier bodies did not have a door so a small step was used part way up the body to make it easier to enter and exit the car. Sorry I don't know where on the internet I copied them from. Since then, I try to add that information so I can say thank you to those folks as well as give that information as a lead.

The photo below shows a car that has the lower step plate removed but shows the one higher up.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By TW Scott on Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 10:36 pm:

Thank you very much! The photos are great too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jon pederson, Minneapolis,MN on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 02:39 pm:

By the way, the latest issue of Secrets of Speed magazine is entirely about Mercury Bodies, lots of great pictures and information.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration