Rebuilding generator

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Rebuilding generator
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Eaton on Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 09:17 pm:

When I put new insulators on the generator end plate do I need to buy new brush holders or is there a way to use the old ones again?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Eaton on Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 10:12 pm:

I guess the question should have read- Can I use the old brush holders over if I drill and tap the rivet boss and use screws to hold them in place-Yea or Nay

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 10:48 pm:

You can use the old holders, but it's been so long since I did the job I don't remember if I used screws or rivets. If you don't get a definitive answer here, check with Ron Patterson.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Eaton on Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 10:54 pm:

Thanks Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Money - Braidwood, IL on Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 11:34 pm:

Use a #36 drill to drill out the factory spun rivets before you disassemble. Then after you disassemble you can tap the holes with a 6-32 tap.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Eaton on Monday, October 03, 2016 - 07:43 am:

Thanks Doug . That is what I was hoping someone would say.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 01:52 pm:

I did the same when I rebuilt my generator brush holder. Its been awhile but there have been some threads showing some pics of rebuilding the brush plates.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration