Image resizer for Windows

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Image resizer for Windows
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 03:25 pm:

http://www.bricelam.net/ImageResizer/ This works great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 04:50 pm:

Thanks for posting that link. I have been using this one for sometime and it's easy to use and can do groups of photos rather then one at a time like some I have used. I give it two+ thumbs UP! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 04:51 pm:

By the way, this time I saved the link to my bookmarks for the next time someone asks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kirk on Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 05:20 pm:

Is it free? You can use windows paint that comes with windows.

Open photo with Paint by right clicking on photo then opening it with paint. On the top click resize a box should open, select pixels. You reduce the size entering a lower number in the horizontal box. If the number it opens with is over 1000 I put in 500. The vertical number will change when you enter a lower number horizontal box.
You may have to do this a few times depending on how big the photo is that you are trying to reduce. After you lower the size or pixel number hit ok. The picture should shrink then click on the drop down menu on the top left corner select save as then select jpeg and save it to a folder. It usually goes to the same folder the original photo was in or you can make a new folder. Before you save it name it so you know which one it is, I add the word small to the name. You can then check to see how big it is by putting your mouse over it to see if it is small enough to upload.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 06:05 pm:

Peter, it is free and its from Microsoft so there is no threat of spyware. Once installed you simply right click on the photo or photos and choose "resize" in the menu. It gives you many choices and you can shrink or enlarge.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim on Monday, October 03, 2016 - 02:57 pm:

Right click on photo in your file manager
"send to" - "email recip"
pop up asks you what size.
choose 640x480
email window opens
right click on photo in email.
"save attachment"

DONE

No paint, no downloading programs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, October 03, 2016 - 11:13 pm:

Great but how many can you do at the same time? With the above program I can do all the photo in a down load from my camera at the same time. Then can ether save the new one or both the original and copy.
My paint program is not working and even when it was it never worked well to reduce size and when it did it was one at a time. But I am old school till my computer dies, XP! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 10:06 am:

I have also used this resizer for years. I have posted it several times, but for some reason people must be afraid of using it. It takes about one minute for the download, and is so simple... I once resized 152 photos at once and posted them to one single post in a thread about my speedster project. Try and do that one at a time ... :-) :-) After you highlight the pictures it takes three clicks to resize one or one thousand pictures. It takes less than 5 seconds to resize one or one thousand photos. Then each resized photo is displayed beside each original picture with the word small/medium/large/or custom in the resized photos name. It does not change the original. Its so simple, its even simple for us dinasaures. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration