4 car shows 5 trophies

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 4 car shows 5 trophies
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 05:54 pm:

This is going to hard to beat.
In the first 3 shows the T got a first, second, and third place trophy.

This time it got a second in class trophy and a really huge People's choice trophy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 05:55 pm:

Geez, hope Burger doesn't see this ;) But congrats :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 06:19 pm:

Most judges at car shows don't know much. The best thing, is for YOU to know what's right or wrong with you car, besides, what good is a bunch of trophies? Perhaps it gives your wife something to dust when she's cleaning house!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 07:18 pm:

Fred,

Congratulations! I always like the look of your suburban bodied T. And it is not a trailer queen -- but is driven. Thanks for being a great ambassador for our club and hobby.

Larry,

Many folks use the time at the car show to talk to folks about their car and hobby. You never know what boy, girl, man or woman may take a liking to the early Fords and obtain one of their own.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber- Vancouver WA. on Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 07:27 pm:

I went to a local cruse-in this last August. It was the first event I have ever brought a car to. My 25 Tudor really drew a crowd, as there were no other stock cars and no car older then the Tudor. The best part of the day was spent answering questions. At the end of the day I found out that I had won first class in the 1910-1920s class (by default really) but I also won The Presidents Choice.(President of the NW Corvette Association and sponsor of the event) And I must say I felt good about it.

The car is not a show car, but it is very correct and shiny. I guess the trophy's are a tangible reminder that others thought enough of the car at a certain place and time to present me with a keepsake.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber- Vancouver WA. on Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 07:28 pm:

Almost forgot...Way to go Fred!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Troy Todd on Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 11:12 pm:

Congratulations! I won a lot last year but haven't done well this year at all. It's amazing how that goes. I've been to some where they totally ignore the car and win Best of Show. Then a couple this year they have absolutely mobbed it all day and nothing at all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, October 03, 2016 - 12:56 am:

Gary, .... I about choked laughing so hard !

Cut yerself an extra slice of raisin pie, Amigo !!! :-)

Yeah, I just gotta laugh at the trophy-chasing crowd. Nothing beats the ear-to-ear
grins one can put on people's faces just seeing our cars going down the road. I don't
need no stinkin' trophies ! :-)

I gave a 3-year-old and his mother a ride in my TT today. Poisoning yet another innocent
mind with the evils of rusty old junk. I'll see your trophy and raise you one two big grins.
I have enough junk to dust. :-) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie Gagel, Orange,Ct on Monday, October 03, 2016 - 12:58 am:

The best part of going to car shows is interacting with the people. But coming home with a trophy is a bonus, especially a peoples choice.
Congrats. I grew up with a car similar to yours, and my dad always referred to it as a station wagon. Charlie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Troy Todd on Monday, October 03, 2016 - 02:12 am:

I also think the best part of the car shows is talking to people. I've done the big national show thing with World of Wheels and Street Machine Nats. Now I like to take the cars to fundraisers and charity events. I went to a Disabled Veterans fundraiser last week. In the next few I plan to go to Just An Angel and 2 firefighter ones. I do occasionally go to ones just for the cash prizes or big trophies.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, October 03, 2016 - 04:31 am:

Thanks guys!

As many have said, the most fun is talking to people about the T.
I attach an "air bag" to the firewall and place an old belt around a front seat.
I also have a relatively long history of the car with pictures of the original 1919 Registration, and the car through the ages.
If there are not a lot of people around I let a young person sit in it.

It is fun, except some of the folks with cars in the same class seem to have a poor attitude - probably upset at the competition!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Monday, October 03, 2016 - 08:21 am:

Fred - congratulations on your wins (especially the People's Choice - that alone is a tribute to how many individuals you made an impact on with a Model T).

Sadly however, no good news or positive achievement can go un-scorned, un-mocked, un-ridiculed or un-criticized on this Forum by the same malcontents over and over again.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration