How long have you attened the Hershey Meet?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: How long have you attened the Hershey Meet?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 07:47 pm:

I have been going since 1970, and have not missed one since. That makes it 46 years straight for me.

The two attached pictures were before and after the rain in 1977. My wife Ellen in both pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nicholas Lingg - Tarboro, NC on Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 07:56 pm:

56 Including the first one

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R. S. Cruickshank on Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 07:57 pm:

Dan, we have the same number of years as I started in 1969 but I missed one because my father in law died. The rule in our family has been "nothing gets planned for the week of Hershey". No weddings, no babies, no family parties. I guess my father in law didn't get the message. See you all there. I've just finished loading the trailer and leave a 6AM tomorrow. I'm bringing a very original 1915 touring and will be at the North Carolina Region of the HCCA tent between light pole 26 and 27 in the choc. field.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 07:58 pm:

Amazing! I'm just a pup, this will only be my second visit. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 08:01 pm:

I've been going since around 1975. Back in those days vendors who left early due to rain often left heavy stuff, or things that just weren't worth dragging around, in the mud. Found lots of fun stuff in the muck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan Woolf on Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 08:07 pm:

Most years since 1980. Survived mud, wind, and rain. I still enjoy going and always see something new. As I type this I am spending the night on the road and will arrive in Hershey tomorrow. I will be set up in the Red Field at
RWI 1.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 08:12 pm:

Mark,
Hershey 1975 is when I bought my first T, a 1914 Touring, which I still have. As far as vendors leaving stuff.. I bought my 26 Touring that came came out of a junk yard with no drive-line at Hershey in 1988. The vendor left early, and I told him I would be back to get the T later. When I got back, the vendor who sold it to me was gone. When I went to remove it, the guy that had a spot next to him was trying to claim that it was left there and it was now his. Bottom line, there were more of us then the people on his space. We all grabbed it by the running boards and fenders, and carried it away. Much to the delight of all the passer bys. Everyone had a good laugh over it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Fry on Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 08:51 pm:

First meet I attended was in 1966 with my then future father-in-law. Only missed a few meets since 66 because of military duty. 50 years of meets and every one is as exciting as the first one I attended. Fortunately I live only 15 miles from Hershey.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 09:06 pm:

First time this year. A bucket list thing, maybe the only time too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 09:26 pm:

I always missed it because of work until my first time in 2013. Since I retired it's regular thing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 09:43 pm:

I've been going since about 1976, but missed lots of years in between due to work.

We're already in Hershey staying at the Hershey High Meadows Campground, space #1.

I'll be spending a lot of the time at the MTFCA site, C4Q34 to 39. Please stop in and say hi.

Keith

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration