Toe in adjustment question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Toe in adjustment question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 08:53 pm:

Messin' with this '24 coupe and see that the front wheels are wider in the back than in the front by about 3 inches. I have attached pictures of the front end and I don't see how to adjust to bring it more in line. Shouldn't the difference be about 1/2 inch or less? I don't see any threads to adjust in or out and sure would appreciate suggestions and guidance. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 09:05 pm:

Your spindle connecting rod must be off a wide track T, you need the 4" shorter one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Monday, October 03, 2016 - 08:22 am:

Frank is right, although I don't think Ford made any wide track T's with that type of tie rod.

Your tie rod is adjusted as short as it will go. I have an extra one the right length for you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Monday, October 03, 2016 - 08:44 am:

Thanks Royce. Is that a part you could ship/mail? Just let me know the price and postage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Monday, October 03, 2016 - 08:50 am:

John,

Yes of course. I can do it on Friday. I am at Hershey until then.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, October 03, 2016 - 08:51 am:

There have been seen pictures of some odd spindles on the forum where the steering arm hole wasn't perpendicular to the spindle - maybe that's what's causing the problem?
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/437574.html?1397467782
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/310756.html?1347336296

odd spindle
Normal spindle to the left, odd type to the right

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration