Intake manifold variations

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Intake manifold variations
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Monday, October 03, 2016 - 05:01 pm:

I have an intake manifold, cast iron, with an "M" cast on the body. Does this have any significance? I was told it was a higher volume intake but don't really know. Thanks for any input.. John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, October 03, 2016 - 06:28 pm:

How about a picture?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Monday, October 03, 2016 - 06:52 pm:

Not at the moment but externally it looks like any other manifold. The inside of the casting seems to be slightly cleaner, that's all

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Monday, October 03, 2016 - 10:02 pm:

Does it look like this? This one has a pipe plug in it. Above that is the letter "M"? I always thought it was an "E" turned sideways.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, October 03, 2016 - 10:51 pm:

Maybe it was just an identification of what wooden casting pattern was used - they were using several in parallel and had to be able to identify which one that might be worn / damaged in case of bad castings starting to appear.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, October 03, 2016 - 11:01 pm:

I have one with "M" (for Mark LOL) and Ford script cast in it. For the most part, what Roger said.
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/675161.html?1474137165

Read down close to bottom. I still need to find a copy of the mag. talked about.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 10:01 am:

Yes, Dave, that's it but mine doesn't have the threaded hole and plug. Thanks for the link Mark. The guy I got it from seemed to think the "M" was the one to get but he passed away and I can't ask him about it. If there is a difference it is slight and I can't imagine it would make a noticeable difference. Anyway, thanks for the responses!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration