Received some shiny steering pieces....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Received some shiny steering pieces....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 08:18 pm:

The UPS guy delivered.

Freshly nickel plated steering gear housings and caps. Yippee.

Had used Spacecoast awhile ago, and sure enough the quality and speed is still great. Mailed these off on Sept 15, and got them today.

Here is the before pic of the parts sent. Both sets are for 4:1 gears.

Nice job, with 1% hazard waste fee, 5% copper/nickel surcharge, 6.5% FL sales tax and $22 UPS delivery, cost was $125 a set.

Paid for quality and got it :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 08:44 pm:

Wow, That seems like a pretty fair price for the work done. Is the yellow tint just the lighting?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 09:07 pm:

David

Just lighting, the reflections of the nickel surface pickup the sand color walls in my Man Cave :-)

Re-shoot, under cover with flash :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 10:43 pm:

That does look nice. Well worth it. I'm so used to looking at the 90 year old look I never thought much about those being shiny nickel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 11:27 pm:

WOW, they looked good in the first pics, but that pic just POPS! Looks like they filled all the pits on the lid neck, and the knurling looks great too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber- Vancouver WA. on Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 11:36 pm:

Boy they sure did a great job. I live on the West Coast, but if I needed some quality plating done I wouldn't hesitate sending them the pieces that's for sure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Troy Todd on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 12:31 am:

Those turned out great. Do you know if they do brass or gold?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 12:44 am:

Website states copper, nickel, and chrome only. But they will polish brass for you if it is solid brass. That is it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 01:25 am:

They look very nice!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 05:51 am:

As easy as it is to get these parts nickel plated, I don't understand why so many are painted black or silver, along with the throttle and spark rods. I have seen some very nice cars that have been restored to a very high level, but these parts were missed for whatever reason. (Says the guy with the '25 "beater" coupe with dull paint and grease and oil all over the under side :-) ), but my steering gear case and levers are plated. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 10:05 am:

Very nice, Dan! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 07:57 pm:

Nice looking Dan. If they look like that a year from now, you will know you got a good job! I had mine done over 5 years ago, and all I have to do is wipe them with a cotton cloth a couple of times per year, and that's it. No polishes!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration