Hooked

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Hooked
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 09:54 pm:

Drove 26 rdstr to town this afternoon about 8 miles. Cruze in and parade for local fair. 50 to 60 cars . High dollar streetrods to original and motorcycles. There was a crowd around my little rusty model T the entire night. The parade crowd was all smiles and pointing fingers as I went by. I say I , but there was 5 of us in it by the time the parade started. I went to town by myself. I realized the T's are made for parades.never touched the throttle , just on and off low peddle.
The ride home was another joy. About 65 degrees , 1/2 throttle in the dark with no top. We are lucky to have that experience .
My normal trip to town would take about 10 minutes. It took all of 25 to make the trip to tonight and I enjoyed every minute.
I'M HOOKED!!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 02:36 am:

It made me smile! (And I wasn't even there!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 03:01 am:

Like I always say "More smiles per mile."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 05:40 am:

Dallas,

They are great cars for starting conversations, bringing smiles, giving hope, and just bringing a little joy to many folks. Thanks for representing our hobby in a positive way.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

(Message edited by hap_tucker on October 05, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 06:30 am:

I had a couple people ask if I was going to ( fix it up ) I told them it took 90 years to get it this way and I couldn't do anything to make it look any better. They agreed. My streetrod buddies said I should have at least washed it. I said I drove about 5 miles of gravel roads to get there besides a guy could cut himself trying to wash it. One of my passengers in the parade was 16 and asked if I was going to put a small block in it??? I said if I did it would have to go in the back and he didn't understand . I said the only way I would put a small Block in it was to set it in the bed to haul if somewhere !!!!
I drove it to the fire station Monday for our meeting and one young guy works as o mechanic. He came in and said I had an oil leak and a major problem . I said if its still leaking oil I have enough to get home . He crawls under it and said ( dude your starter and transmission is covered in oil )
I asked him if they were rusty ? No he said . He didn't get it.
Lots of fun!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rodney Gifford on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 01:32 pm:

Greetings from the Heart of Dixie,
I know the feeling Dallas. My dad's '25 Runabout sat for 36 yrs after after he passed and my 26 yr old son was the driving force (No pun intended :-)) for getting his Grandfathers car back on the road. We drove it to a local Oktoberfest Car Show about 6-7 miles from the house and had a pretty good crowd most of the day. The best part was hand cranking it for several Japanese exchange students who had never seen anything like that...Who knows I may be a hit on youtube in Japan.
Giff

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Walker on Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 08:21 pm:

Rodney, I _almost_ drove mine to St. Florian for the Oktoberfest. Now I'm sorry I didn't.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 08:34 pm:

I put wood wheels on tonight and headed for town . Had supper at local resturaunt . Didn't get in the door and people were coming out to check it out. The waitress said I was a local celebrity . Referring to parade, I told her it was the little roadster pickup not me.
Everyone loves it.
David , drive it ever chance you get. I am.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 08:39 pm:

Rodney .
It's great to see people's face when I start it up . They can't believe that it runs that good being 90 yrs old.
They smile every time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 08:39 pm:

Oh Yes,thanks :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration