Swift and Co. sales man car-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Swift and Co. sales man car-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 08:20 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 11:33 pm:

Beautiful shiny roadster! Wonder which switch is on that steering column.
Shiny/painted wheel hub bolts and a spare wheel for a non-demountables car? Yes? Cool.
Which spare does one carry?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 06:32 am:

Duey,

Because it is so shiny -- I believe it is most likely a relatively new car.

Note the above the axle wish bone which dates the car a little from some time in 1919 or earlier.

Ref: http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/doc19.htm

APR 14, 1919 Acc. 235, Box 39, #385, Ford Archives
"From this date two distinct designs of front radius rods, together with front spring perches, right and left, one on the Model T and the other on Model TT.
"The Model TT design will be assembled beneath the axle, instead of above the axle through the spring perch as heretofore.

The side lights indicate the car is a non-starter/non-generator car. All those cars from early in the 1918 model year to into the 20s when the non-starter cars changed from the ignition switch on the coil box to the light & ignition switch mounted on the instrument panel.

Based on those two items it is a 1918 or 1919 model year touring.

The wheels are accessory wheels. The shiny nuts at the hub are removable and the wheel complete with the spokes comes off. The spare fits any of the hubs. I looked for a photo but didn't find one. They have been discussed a few times on the site.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 07:47 pm:

Oof! Makes sense Hap!
Good eye with the wishbone! I missed that.
More ponderings but my mind is lost right now...
Thank you.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration