Not exactly a hub cap...but still Model T!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Not exactly a hub cap...but still Model T!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John From Oregon on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 09:07 am:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-1920s-era-Solid-Brass-Threaded-Hub-Cap-for-a-Wi re-Wheel-RARE-Model-T-/381793947881?fits=Model%3AModel+T&hash=item58e4b150e9:g:V yIAAOSwmfhX7pzG&vxp=mtr

No connection to the seller, just another instance of misidentification.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gustaf in Idaho on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 09:30 am:

With a seller name with corvette in it, one would expect that. Years ago, I stopped to look at a WWII vintage jeep that was for sale, it had the seats and engine out of a wrecked corvette in it, the seller tried to tell me that it was worth a lot of money because of the "upgrades" I asked him how much a corvette would be worth if the body was replaced with a rusted out jeep body. He said "nothing, are you kidding?" I said "exactly!" I do not think he understood.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 10:33 am:

My neighbor has a 36 Ford coupe that looks nice but has been upgraded to a 350 Chevy. It'd be a nice car if he would downgrade it back to a flathead V8. I've looked at a lot of old cars/ trucks upgraded to 12 volts and the whole time I'm looking I'm figuring in my brain the cost of putting it back to 6.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 10:39 am:

I saw that the other day and hoped someone would post it. It's always fun to see things from others perspective.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 10:39 am:

Corey, I think you have that backwards. Stuffing a SBC in anything
pre-55 Chevy is NOT an "upgrade". Taking a car back to original IS !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 10:56 am:

My neighbor got it backward. He thinks he upgraded. I can't stand looking at 350s in 1930s cars. I have a Hudson and all I get from people at gas stations is how I could put in a 350. I told a guy one time I guess I could put a Cummins diesel in it if I wanted but then it wouldn't be a Hudson. I've got 2 350s, both in Chevrolet trucks where they belong. I had some trouble with my 47 IHC KB-5, I have the motor out and I'm going to put it back in and all I get out of people around here is,"you know you could put a 350 in there" I just shake my head.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 11:00 am:

I agree with all of you. I have never understood why an old car with a newer v-8 was worth 2 or 3 times more than the same car all stock. I also get tipped over by an ad that says restored but does not have the original eng. trans. interior ect. Doesn't restored refer to being restored to original condition?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 11:59 am:

I am with Scott all the way. When I see what had been a nice original auto, but has been "bastardized" with a 350, I ask the owner "what did this car used too be."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 12:09 pm:

Go to any car show (sorry, Burger) and see if you'll find two (even like vehicles) exactly the same. It won't happen. If a vehicle is titled in someone's name, their idea of automotive expression is likely unique. -Meanwhile- Welcome to America! (Or wherever you live!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 07:33 pm:

Way back in '71 when I first got my Model A running, a few folks wanted to buy it to drop a 350 in it. I told them it was a good thing for them that I didn't own a shotgun! I'm the second owner, I wouldn't think of desecrating it! In fact, it came with a set of original wind wings, but because Mr. Green never drilled the holes to put them on, I didn't either!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 09:57 pm:

"Don't try to make your horse into something he's not."

Advice I got many years ago from an old master horseman that I think applies equally well to antique cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 11:14 pm:

When my 90 HP '51 Ford pickup is rolling down the freeway in the left lane doin 65 or more I always figure everybody thinks it probably has a 350 in it.
Since I tow different trailers with it I did convert it to 12 volts though. It did just fine on 6 volts and the gauges were dead accurate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 07:48 am:

That's the beauty of owning a early Ford V8, you can drive them at modern speeds. Even the earlier ones with the optional higher gear sets are capable of highway speeds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Blake, Kansas City on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 08:25 am:

Is that even related to a wheel? Looks like something else. Isn't that a nipple for some kind of hose?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 08:47 am:

Gary, this shows the critter in its natural habitat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 09:13 am:

Gary, it's the top half of the steering gear case that's for sale in the first post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 09:50 am:

This goes to show what you can misidentify and sell on Ebay. And get good money for it! He's smart. If that would have been listed on the MFTCA classified section it might have brought 10 bucks, maybe!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 10:19 am:

Hmmmm.....
That gives me an idea.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration