Everything is locked up and nailed down, Matthew.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Everything is locked up and nailed down, Matthew.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 10:18 am:

Im as ready as I can be, My only worry is if the chickens get into the barn in time so I can nail the door shut. It's to hot to shut them in right now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 10:31 am:

I'll let you know how bad it is as it will hit us before you. We are still tying up boats etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 10:41 am:

It ain't even here yet but when I came to work this morning the generators were running and about 2 blocks of down-town were black. No elevators A/C not working and computer back-up power failed....sheeesh I can't wait for the real fun to begin!:-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 10:46 am:

God be with all you folks that may be affected...Will...maybe you can have riast chicken during the storm! Sorry..couldn't resist..my bad. I hope Matthew veers out east more. Dont know what's worse..tornadoes that we get or the hurricanes down there. Good luck and be safe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 11:32 am:

Hurricanes,tornadoes,earthquakes,volcanoes,floods,droughts & famine. All over the world we all deal with one or more of these risks just pray and hope your neighbors do too. :-) Tell everyone you love that you do every day! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 11:54 am:

Be sensible and be safe guys! Our thoughts are with you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 12:43 pm:

I stopped over to the NOAA station here in the county and they told me to get ready for 19 to 25 inches of rain and winds gusting to 125 mph and steady winds of 50 to 90 mph, They are now thinking it may upgrade to a cat 4.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 01:22 pm:

Hope you guys ride it out ok.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 01:27 pm:

Will..hope your chickens can swim & that you have flood insurance!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 06:54 am:

You and others in the storms way are in our thoughts and prayers.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 11:15 am:

Our thoughts and prayers are with you--------- the only bright spot I can see is your warning time. Our warning time is estimated at one hour with a tsunami coming anytime after an earth quake.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 12:13 pm:

Tornadoes don't usually have much warning time... and hurricanes generate those too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 05:05 pm:

As of right now NOAA has pretty much targeted Melbourne as the landfall point. Hope you've already evacuated, Will!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 05:21 pm:

After considering retirement some where else I intend to stay where I am at.
No poison snakes or critters, no sales tax yet. Great shopping close, salmon crab razor clams bottom fish--- ducks geese elk deer often in my yard and can not see a neighbor.
In fifty years one tornado in Portland and no hurricanes all though fifty MPH winds with rain are common starting soon. Fear of a Tsunami is the one issue on folks mind here even that can be cured by moving a mile inland like all the new stores are doing.
Its easy to see how the Indians survived past tsunamis!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 07:44 pm:

Hey Chadwick, How ya doing down there? We are just starting to get the rain, The wind is blowing around 30 mph. Looks like we are going to get nailed around midnight. They are saying a 15 to 18 foot storm surge.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Friday, October 07, 2016 - 07:35 am:

Will, are you still online? Just starting to get nasty in J'ville but they haven't closed the bridges yet so I had to come to work,P.I.T.A. Showing officials credentials to get into a mandatory evac zone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Smith on Friday, October 07, 2016 - 08:01 am:

Hope you guys are ok on the coast. Nice and windy here in Oviedo without power. A few more hours and we will have handed it off to G.R. In Jacksonville. Will go fix generator when it calms down and I can see. Good luck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, October 07, 2016 - 08:16 am:

G.R., good luck...watching it on CNN right now, it's not far from Daytona Beach atm, with winds gusting to 50 from the NW. Luckily so far the eye has been fairly well off shore and the impact zone has been the so-called "good side" of a hurricane. Melbourne is down to 39 mph wind gusts. Happens quite often where I live out in the country. Ironically the last few days we've had only light winds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, October 07, 2016 - 08:25 am:

G.R...just saw the update on CNN as perhaps you are..sure hope you're "outa town" on higher ground. They're painting a very bleak picture for J'Ville, whereby last night they originally pinned Will's town but luckily for him it stayed further out then. It just made a bit more westerly turn toward land in the last 10 minutes. Not good. In my prayers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Friday, October 07, 2016 - 08:37 am:

Well I work right on the River and I am here today, emergency Generators on standby 10,000 gallons of Diesel brought in extra food and water. My house is a little way from the beach but not in an evac zone My biggest concern for my house is the wind but there are very few houses where I live so that means lots of trees maybe they can break the wind up a little.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Friday, October 07, 2016 - 11:55 am:

Anybody heard from Dan Trease. He hasn't posted on this post, causing concern. Concerned and praying for all affected by the storm. I hope all survive it without loss of life or property (including T's).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, October 07, 2016 - 04:13 pm:

Some friends of mine in Jupiter, FL said that they suffered no damage and that their power was out for only about an hour. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Friday, October 07, 2016 - 05:46 pm:

The worst is past us now still very nasty. Lost power about an hour ago so the generator is powering the important stuff(microwave, T.V., Refrigerator,couple of lamps) weather people said it will be a couple of hours before it really starts to improve. I will have to wait until tomorrow to check for damage so far seems to be minimal. good luck to those to the north of me

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Saturday, October 08, 2016 - 08:35 am:

Here in Melbourne we got very lucky, I was told the highest gust was 135 mph. I have some flooding in the yard and a lot of tree debris. I'm going to be a long time cleaning this mess but I'm so happy it's the only mess I have to clean up. We lost power for only short times during the storm and I just got my internet back. This could had very easley flattened my home. Now we are waiting to see if Matthew links up with Nichol and comes back for another visit. Right now it's tracking well south of me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Saturday, October 08, 2016 - 03:21 pm:

Terry, I've seen Dan Treace posting on Facebook, so he's OK :-)
Power is still out so they had to make pizza on the BBQ grill, but at least the Iphone works :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 07:10 am:

Well Matthew moved on north, I pray for the people in the Carolina's and Virginia I got lucky no real damage I just had to do without power for a day and a half,Loaned my spare generator to a neighbor and now we start getting the debris from the yard, but it don't look like Matthew is going to make it back to Florida so that is good now where is that rake I know I left it here somewhere

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 09:52 am:

We got a good bit of rain here near Charlotte and a few puffs of wind. I will be hauling brush for 2 days !No damage.
I can't imagine getting 20 inches of rain!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration