Hershey "finds". Post your pics here so we see what you got!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Hershey "finds". Post your pics here so we see what you got!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 10:58 am:

Spread out your loot and take a picture so everyone can see what you found!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 04:53 pm:

The finds are in the car, so no pics, but I did buy three flaps, a main cap bolt wrench, and a flywheel bolt wrench. Also bought a nice pair of late front spring perches. I still have a long list, so it's back to the grind tomorrow. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 05:34 pm:

This is what I found on Day 1 yesterday.

L-R
1909 - 1910 LH headlight fork - original one made from steel.
Two boxes full of metal valve stem parts and dust covers.
One NOS Champion A-25 Long from the 1940's and three good Tiger take apart plugs from the 1930's. One good Bethlehem plug from the 1910's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 11:07 pm:

I'd like to post a pic but the parts are on there way to my house Langs didn't bring the new stuff along this year so they are shipping it to me. Seems they only brought stock from their warehouse a lot of nice stuff though. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 05:16 am:

Royce, can I see 2 or 3 Dill valve covers with the valve removal tool on top and the sliding thread inside? They are the ones I like most, as they fit on any type and length of valve stem.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 06:12 am:

Allan,

Yes there are three sizes of the Dill covers in the box including some of the small ones for motorcycle and some of the extra large ones for big cars like Pierce and Locomobile. There were four of the ones that fit Model T. This cache of tire hardware was a pretty good score.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 06:55 pm:

Here is the best thing I got on Wednesday (not the Canadian Champion X plug):

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 08:10 pm:

Here is today's finds. Nothing too exciting although the NOS inner bearing ball-bearing cones I got from Dan Hatch are not easy to find. These will be cleaned up and then the bearing surfaces will be polished so they are serviceable. The "Upco Timer" rotors are cool being in the original box and a complete set. They'll go in the display cabinet along with the valve seat cutter. The large head carriage bolts are for the one I broke on my 13 Touring. They hold the firewall to the body bracket. I couldn't remember if it was 1/4 or 5/16. Ed Henline had both so I bought one of each to make sure my bases were covered. My Grandfather used to swear by the axle springs for keeping the oil in the pumpkin where it belongs so I grabbed a set of those. The license plate was cheap. I have no clue why I bought it. It'll go on the wall I guess.

What a great day to be out and about (and not at work) The weather was perfect. I'm heading back tomorrow for round two and to visit for a little while with Larry Smith. hershey haul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Wicker on Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 09:20 pm:

No pictures but I did score 30 good coils at $5 each. Passed up just as many. Took them to the Coil Dr. For rebuilding. There is a ames body speedster with buffalo wire wheels for $6000 said he's Not taking it home!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 09:27 pm:

I saw John Regan yesterday with a big box strapped to a two wheel dolly. He had perhaps 125 T coils in it that he said he paid no more than $3 each for after verifying the secondary windings were OK.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 10:04 pm:

I may do this when I get home. Bed time. I'm pooped.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, October 07, 2016 - 04:31 pm:

I found a group of five Schrader valve stem base nuts and dust covers, but I couldn't find the correct stems, bridge washers, or bridge washer nuts.

If anyone has a set of five Schrader 777 stems with bridge washers and retaining nuts that you are willing to sell, please PM me, thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Friday, October 07, 2016 - 06:41 pm:

I got wheel puller, inner bearing and race
park brake pawl, steering wheel key, front
spring clip, Kingston carb, and much more!
That Henlines T parts had a lot of hard to
find items.
Does anyone know the guy (his name, spot number) who was selling the restored Victrola's, he had
3 of them for $300 each that he restores.
I'm kicking myself for not buying one.
Thanks Doug

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Friday, October 07, 2016 - 06:59 pm:

Here's today's findings. I have been looking for a long time for a good brass hub fan to put on the shelf as a spare. This one was a double bonus... it appears to be NOS. It still has original paint and the crown on the puley is mint. PLUS, the early arm is the earliest version with the nub for the spring tensioner. I also found an NOS pitman arm, half of a figure-8 shackle and an early tie-rod ball for the drag-link. Lastly, I found two early rear perches that have no oil hole. ora

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Friday, October 07, 2016 - 07:52 pm:

Hershey was great this year. Business was good and T parts seemed to be plentiful. Folks stuck around later on Friday than I've seen in recent years due to the nice weather. Needless to say I've got a good dosage of sun this week, but I'll take it over rain.

I found some really neat T accessories, some of which I'll post later as "accessory of the day". I got to meet Dan Hatch and picked up a rebuilt front spare axle. Also purchased a set of factory correct front floorboards (not pictured) from Jon Anderson. Finally, picked up decal from the "travel souvenir decal" guy over on the orange field. I buy one or two every year and stick them on an old suitcase.

Hope the rain holds off for the show cars tomorrow!

Already can't wait until next year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Saturday, October 08, 2016 - 02:21 pm:

Bump!

Hoping everyone has safe travels home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Saturday, October 08, 2016 - 02:42 pm:

Friends seen at Hershey.

Hershey

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lester in Floyd, VA on Saturday, October 08, 2016 - 04:29 pm:

Here's the great stuff I got at Hershey. I bought that brand new Scat crank for twenty bucks!Hershey stuff

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lester in Floyd, VA on Saturday, October 08, 2016 - 04:30 pm:

I lied about the crank.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Saturday, October 08, 2016 - 05:02 pm:

Lester you !!***%, you got me with that one

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Duffy on Saturday, October 08, 2016 - 07:41 pm:

I found a complete wood kit for my 17 roadster. And a near perfect door :-) saw it on Thursday and thought about it, went back on Friday and thought it was gone. Luckily, the seller put it away in the trailer. Reminding me again to not procrastinate when you find something good, especially at Hershey

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Saturday, October 08, 2016 - 08:55 pm:

Royce, pardon my ignorance, what is the brass piece.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, October 08, 2016 - 09:09 pm:

James it is a flame arrestor for a 1909 Kingston five ball carburetor. Very hard part to find.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jerry knouse on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 07:57 am:

Forgive me for I have strayed. 1928 Marmon model 68 roadster purchased at the auction Paint is original.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 02:24 pm:

Glad to see someone posted a pic of Steve (a jelfie )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Danek_ Salem, Mass on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 04:58 pm:

Here's this years Hershey haul: NOS low hood, Buddy L Runabout, pair 23" front wheels, driveshaft with closed spool, low radiator shell, hood shelve with small hole, forged front shackles, closed spool, steering column mount, pass side engine pans, diecast model t runabout, ford brown headlamp rims, fender bracket and rebuilt dash panel with cast handle. Great weather, met a lot of model t'ers,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon - Richmond, VA on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 06:52 pm:

OK fellows, I'm a sucker for snap on tools & found this on a guys table of a monster mix of everything & of all the hundreds of things, every single item had a price sticker on it! I spotted this with a $1.00 sticker on it & asked if that was right & he said yes, I'm just trying to get rid of everything! It's a 70th Anniversary Snap On Ratcheting Screwdriver brand new in the box with all the bits & now it's mine!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 08:14 pm:

Wow, The Bolt's Antique tool museum would love that--if they don't already have it--The founder was a Snap-On regional manager.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 08:18 pm:

That is a score Bob! I paid $65 for one of those in the mid 1990's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 06:41 am:

Bob, you put my deal to shame. I got an almost new one with a handle full of bits, but I had to pay $15 for it.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Memmelaar Jr on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 11:21 am:

Find my haul below. Note that some is for a Model T Project ( cheap project ), some parts for a 1909 Buick Model F, 1906 cadillac, and a license plate collection that keeps growing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tt newbee Thomas R. Hicks Central Va. on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 04:28 pm:

I like the off-the-shoulder look, but it is a good thing I did not bring this home for my shop. The Boss Lady does NOT approve.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon - Richmond, VA on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 08:43 pm:

Here's another item we found & had a blast displaying it in our chocolate field space. We had comments all day & were updating it each day. We were very proud of our safe working (shopping) habits, however I had an injury at the very end of the day Friday. My darn trailer pinched my finger, so much for a perfect work week. I thought this sign would look great in my shop and bought it for 10 bucks, what a deal, We'll bring the sign back next year!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 02:47 pm:

Time out for show & tell. Model T stuff I brought home included a low head for $40, a pretty good Ford oil can for $15, and these small items.

At each swap meet recently I've been picking up a few oddball Model T Spark plugs. Eventually I'll have enough Trojan, Defiance, Bethlehem, Wizard, Horse Shoe, etc., to make up some full sets. The Champion X here is one of the early ones (without Registered US Trade Mark). I hope I can extract the core from the sarcophagus of rust undamaged.

Also found some NOS Polonium plugs.

This Blublaze is one of the hundreds of aftermarket timers made for the Model T. It's like a New Day with all the terminals moved to the top.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 03:09 pm:

Hello Steve - What is the # on the short side of the Firestone Polonium boxes?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 04:55 pm:

The plug boxes are marked E-80.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lester in Floyd, VA on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 05:45 pm:

Steve, your plugs have decayed to something else. Polonium has a half life on 238 days.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 07:11 pm:

Polonium 210 decays into stable Lead 206 via the emission of an alpha particle with a half life of 138.376 days. There are other isotopes of Polonium that have different half lives. :-)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isotopes_of_polonium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 07:20 pm:

Bead Breaker. From RV Anderson-Mag Ring, and original Rubes Horn Bulb for my original 13. Plus repro stuff from Langs.

I bought the Model T for a future pproject with the grandsons. Runs good but it needs a windshield frame (if anyone has one, let me know)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ben Umberger on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 09:09 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 09:15 pm:

Well of course i had to work but what good deals everyone got at the swap.
I had to get a few goodies off T bay. I am gonna try to go to moultry ga swap in November. This is our busy season at work. Congrats on the great finds. Tim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration