Park brake lever -- what does a non bent one look like?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Park brake lever -- what does a non bent one look like?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 07:52 pm:

I am trying to get some to do list items done on the '25 pickup (cut off touring). The park brake lever is severely mangled, so I want to put another one on it. I have a couple of better choices, but while less bent than the current one, they still are bent. So my question is, compared to my pic below, what does a stock handle look like?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 08:48 pm:

The one on the left looks appropriate to me. If you use a straight one, it gets in the way of your leg.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 09:03 pm:

Thanks Larry, I would not have guess the left side one is close to what it is supposed to look like. I will use it as a template and shape the one that is already on the shaft as that one is in the best shape of what I have here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 09:20 pm:

Hehe, I thought the right one looks closest. I think just a slight offset, like the lower part of the right hand lever to be correct.
Larry's correct also. Calf biting, horrible (pokey) things ($#!&^*@+!). :-(
I zeed the tar out of Lizzie's and LOVE it. Tin Cup's is next. And any others I need to use.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Friday, October 07, 2016 - 05:50 pm:

Bump to the top for anymore words of wisdom?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Friday, October 07, 2016 - 06:35 pm:

I have no wisdom to share but here are a few pics from my mess. :-)

This pic is from my late chassis. Crap angle of the pic. It's offset a bit. Top too.
brake1

This pic is from my unmolested late Center Door.
Straight as an arrow.
brake2

How about this one? '18 Tin Cup's lever all forward. Looks like a few degrees of angle.
brake3

Couldn't find a spare I have down in the woods.
Hope this helps a bit.
Duane

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, October 07, 2016 - 09:24 pm:

The one on the left looks like a 26-27. Bent because of the wide low pedal. The one on right looks about right for your car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, October 07, 2016 - 10:45 pm:

What ever fits is appropriate!
I bent the handle on my 19 so my foot could fit on the low-drive pedal.
It is about being able to drive the darn thing and no being 100% correct.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration