Hershey

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Hershey
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 08:52 pm:

Hershey has been going down hill (to me), for years, but I still enjoy it, and manage to find a few nice parts. Found two NOS New Day Timers yesterday, without the brushes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 06:21 am:

I haven't been in a couple of years but what is up with the $15.00 parking charge?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 07:18 am:

Parking was "only" $12 when I decided I wasn't going to pay it anymore. Now I find street parking and walk in. It's less than a mile, just like walking to school in the morning. You bet, I'd walk a mile for fifteen bucks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Fry on Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 07:19 pm:

Well Steve, on Wednesday I paid the $15 and walked the better part of 1 mile to meet a friend waiting to enter the flea market area. As I walked through the parking field with wet feet I counted vehicles and figured the take for 1 days worth of parking was no less than $24,000 in that 1 parking field. Next year I will park for free at the museum and take the bus to the flea market area (if that option is still available).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RJ Walworth, New York on Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 07:26 pm:

Bitching about parking prices ar least uou don t have to pay for admission each day lije alot of shows. Really!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Fry on Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 08:05 pm:

Good point RJ. I'm not bitching about the cost of parking but rather the walking distance to the entrance points. Going in is easier then coming out carrying a ton of parts. I paid the $15 today and this time got lucky to park within 200 feet of a flea market entrance. If the museum parking and bus offer is still available next year I'll give that a try to save wear and tear on my back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 08:20 pm:

The parking is what it is. I don't get bent over it because I realize that I'm fortunate enough to live within 2.5 hours drive. I leave at the end of the day and go home and sleep in my own bed, then simply drive back in the morning. My daily commute to work is 2 hours so this is nothing.

I can't speak to whether it is going down hill or not. I do know that I no longer drive home with a truck full of parts like I used to. But that has more to do with how my collection of parts has grown as opposed to fewer parts. There are a lot of items there that have no relation to cars, but since I like antique junk in general, I'm happy to snoop through it. No matter how you cut it, it's still better than going to work!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Friday, October 07, 2016 - 06:59 pm:

Hey guys if you pay to park the first day
and save the ticket and show it as you
enter the following day they let you through
for free. Why else would they give you
a ticket, "think about it".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 11:43 am:

Hershey is continually changing. I've sold here for many years. It seems the amount of people was less this year than normal, at least where we are located. Money wise, we sold about half of what we usually sell. Another change is not many people haggled prices with us, just bought what we had marked on the parts. We try to have a price on everything which makes it a lot easier on the buyer and us. When I'm out buying and there is no price marked on the item, and if the vendor is busy with someone else, I usually walk away. To much to see and cover at Hershey to wait on a price!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 01:28 pm:

Doug, I tried using my ticket from Friday on Saturday and they rejected it due to it being the wrong color - each day's tickets are a different color. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 07:08 pm:

Mark I don't understand for what other reason they would give you a ticket since your already in the lot, it doesn't make sense. My old man was driving, I handed him the ticket from the day before, he held it up while passing the girl collecting the $ and she waved us through. Maybe we just got lucky.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration