Seen at Hershey

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Seen at Hershey
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 06:47 am:

Some of the great cars for sale yesterday at Hershey.

1935 Brewster Ford

Late 1909 T had some rough spots but a good original body and correct engine in the 8XXX range:

This place had awesome breakfast sandwiches:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 07:13 am:

Nice pictures, I'll add...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 07:14 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 07:23 am:

Great photos Dan, hopefully there are some of the nice 1911 and 1912's that were driving around. I saw a gray one and a green one go by, never got photos of either of them or of Bob Richmon's incredible 1912 in the MTFCI tent.

Here's a close up of the 1909 engine:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 08:20 am:

How much are they asking for the '09?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 08:48 am:

The guy wanted $55k for the 1909. It was overpriced in my opinion but what do I know.?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 09:41 am:

A nice 1916 with Pasco wheels...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Friday, October 07, 2016 - 11:06 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew on Friday, October 07, 2016 - 11:23 am:

Very nice cars! That blue one is a 13 I believe? What were they asking for it? We're planning on going tomorrow for the car show. Looks like the weather may not cooperate though

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Friday, October 07, 2016 - 11:46 am:

$27k or "make offer"!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Friday, October 07, 2016 - 11:46 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Friday, October 07, 2016 - 12:43 pm:

Was planning on going but had to cancel cause of Matthew... and then Matthew decided to miss... still got 50 to 70 mph gust.. Next year I'm there...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Friday, October 07, 2016 - 01:00 pm:

Blue touring is a 1914. Doors do not go to sill and w.s. folds rearward.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Friday, October 07, 2016 - 01:32 pm:

Correct-o Steve.

He noted that on the sign that it was a "1913 T with a 14 body".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Friday, October 07, 2016 - 01:36 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Friday, October 07, 2016 - 01:39 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Friday, October 07, 2016 - 07:41 pm:

Nice pictures, no captions.

Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mc Willie on Friday, October 07, 2016 - 07:53 pm:

That #7 Rajo Race car is great looking. Any more information or price on that one? Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, October 07, 2016 - 08:17 pm:

That runabout with the horrible top is one of the examples I saw of overly optimistic pricing. It had bad wheels needing new wood, cracking tires, and all the shiny paint did for it was show up the dents, drips, and orange peel. I felt sorry for the guy trying to sell it, because I thought it was worth abut half of what he was asking. That other runabout, the one with $16,000 on the windshield, also had plenty wrong with it for that kind of money. It seemed to me a pretty good car, even with its obvious defects, but nowhere near worth sixteen grand.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Friday, October 07, 2016 - 08:35 pm:

I agree with Steve. All of the T's I saw this year came with the obligatory Hershey markup. The 26 Coupe in the picture above was priced at $9k with a Ruckstell. I didn't post pics of the for sale signs with phone numbers out of respect for the buyers. Just wanted to give everyone who couldn't make it a flavor of what was available.

The Rajo speedster above was not for sale but one of the best looking speedsters I've seen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Friday, October 07, 2016 - 08:37 pm:

The classifieds section on this site remains the premier place to buy a T in my opinion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jason macintyre on Saturday, October 08, 2016 - 06:28 am:

The Rajo speedster was very nice and was for sale at 28k

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, October 08, 2016 - 08:20 am:

Just about the best Hershey weather I've ever seen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, October 08, 2016 - 09:01 am:

The Rajo speedster would be a decent deal at about $15K. The blue '14 was and is a 14. The owner is jealous of earlier T's for some reason.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration